Tallahassee: Roads

Florida

Which Tallahassee Road is your favorite?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tallahassee Road is your favorite?

• Apalachee Parkway
    • Blairstone Road
    • Capital Circle
    • Mahan Drive (East)
    • Tennessee Street (West)
    • Monroe Street
    • Old Bainbridge
    • Thomasville Road
    • Other (Explain)

The stamping can still come. I'm not sure if you all can recall but the walls in South Florida weren't always stamped as they are today. Crews can come back later and do that work.

And no Tallahassee is not synonymous with cheap and trashy.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've said it before, but I'll say it again: The tiny grass strip next to the concrete median barrier drives me batty. To me it serves no purpose and looks odd b/c I've never seen an urban freeway w/a feature like that. It will look even worse when the grass is high and not mowed in the summer.

Oh and our noise barrier walls, we just built the ugliest ones in the state and ours have no stampings on them.

UPdate {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} I-10

March 20, 2008

gallery_3748_8_27255.jpg

I just spoke with someone from the Project Manager's office who will be sending me some information on why "The Neighborhood" chose not to go ahead with stamping the walls along I-10 through Tallahassee. When I said, "The Neighborhood?" the nice young lady on the phone told me that they worked with three different neighborhood groups all of which voted against etching a pattern onto the walls in Tallahassee. I did request copies of minutes from these meetings and I hope to share them with you all next week.

If that's what the people voted for, then it says a lot about the citizenry of Tallahassee.

UGLY UGLY UGLY! They look like the ugly sound walls along I-410 in San Antonio, Texas!

Poonther: Some of I-75 has walls, some just has guardrail. Where the guardrail exists, so does the small strip of grass. Just look at aerial shots from Google Earth.

Is this your first time seeing these walls jpl? And this doesn't say much about the citizenry of Tallahassee because I think we'll find when the minutes are released that very few of us were involved in the process.

I'm a little disturbed because I keep my ear to the ground and I never received a single notice of a meeting or invitation to attend. This is not some neighborhood street, this is the interstate, and you'd think more than a few select neighborhoods would be involved.

FL you are always the great detective. Thanks for taking the time to do that investigative work. I'm definitely interested in seeing those minutes too. I smell CONA "we are against any and everything" in this process. I also bet a lot of folks that voted in this process have never ever seen or noticed stamped wall.

I've seen those ugly San Antonio walls and you are right jpl02, they do look like them.

Terrible... looks so bad.... Comon Tally,,, If Florida can have enough pull to bring us Egrets Downtown, lets atleast see those ugly birds flying on our Interstate walls.. anything is better than nothing.

LETS ALL EMAIL TOMMIE SPEIGHTS AND TELL HIM WE ARE PISSED AND TO STAMP THE WALLS!

Archived