Tallahassee: Roads

Florida

Which Tallahassee Road is your favorite?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tallahassee Road is your favorite?

• Apalachee Parkway
    • Blairstone Road
    • Capital Circle
    • Mahan Drive (East)
    • Tennessee Street (West)
    • Monroe Street
    • Old Bainbridge
    • Thomasville Road
    • Other (Explain)

I agree it would kill the ambiance and charm of that area between 5 points and Monroe. However they definitely need to do something about making it more ped. friendly. It is tough crossing that road on foot when it's crowded. Some type of attractive and denoted ped. crossing areas are needed.

Just curious, in rush hour, does it help to take 7th over to big wide Monroe St. and then head south or does that just make matters worse?

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Traffic backs up at the light at Bannerman and Tekesta and is very solid at other times, especially in the morning as commuters and high schoolers are heading towards Thomasville Rd. The congestion is a problem, but so is the heavy traffic on a road not designed/constructed for that much usage.

TD in your humble opinion, do you see Tharpe being four-lanes before or after Bannerman and why?

SD and others, how is the merge to two-lanes working on Buck Lake during school and rush hours? The four-lanes don't even go all the way to Pedrick do they? SD are you suggesting Buck Lake becoming four lanes to Chaires, Baum or Capitola Road?

I must say that I really like the new sign at Buck Lake and Mahan that states "Buck Lake Communities." Now that is a nice sign IMHO.

Man Mahan widened all the to Baum? I'd bet the local NIMBY's would flip their lids! :)

TD in your humble opinion, do you see Tharpe being four-lanes before or after Bannerman and why?

SD and others, how is the merge to two-lanes working on Buck Lake during school and rush hours? The four-lanes don't even go all the way to Pedrick do they? SD are you suggesting Buck Lake becoming four lanes to Chaires, Baum or Capitola Road?

I must say that I really like the new sign at Buck Lake and Mahan that states "Buck Lake Communities." Now that is a nice sign IMHO.

Man Mahan widened all the to Baum? I'd bet the local NIMBY's would flip their lids! :)

• 2 weeks later...

^ I honestly don't know which route they're leaning towards with this SJ.

Personally, I think they should just widen the existing route & keep it running by the airport. Why reinvent the wheel, especially with our tight budget constraints. I know it's all about the environmental thing, which I'm not opposed to, but whatever they do & whatever route they decide on will have environmental impact in one way or another.

^Not exactly sure what you are saying spc about the on-ramp? I will say that I consider myself map savvy and that one is even hard for me to read. I was under the impression that you'd be able to access I-10 from Cap. Circle at least in certain directions. Is this not true?

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhhh Capital Circle is now completely 6 laned from the parkway to tram road. I drove it today and it was quite nice.

It seems with the new road, growth will be coming soon!

Actually if you think about it, Captial circle is six lanes from I-10 to tram road......any idea what they're doing with CC past Tram road? i see alot of construction on south Captial circle.

Archived