Tallahassee: Roads

Florida

Which Tallahassee Road is your favorite?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tallahassee Road is your favorite?

• Apalachee Parkway
    • Blairstone Road
    • Capital Circle
    • Mahan Drive (East)
    • Tennessee Street (West)
    • Monroe Street
    • Old Bainbridge
    • Thomasville Road
    • Other (Explain)

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I voted for other, and I'm actually not sure if the road(s) I'm going to suggest are technically city roads or not. On of my favorite drive is Chairs Cross Road. Head east of town on Mahan and take a left onto Chairs Cross Road. It changes names about three times. (I think at some point it's Roberts.) Come to think about it, it actually would probably be a decent route to Celebration Baptist Church. My family and I used to attend that church.

Ya know... my father lives out that way and while I was out there the other day I wanted to get a shot of the Chaires/Crump-Mahan intersection but didn't go that far.

But I'm gonna dig through my things... I may have something hidden on here... if not I'll try to get out there later today and snap a few things.

If you make a left onto "Chaires" from U.S. 90(Mahan) going east it will be:

Crump ---> Roberts ----> Bradfordville

Funny story!

When I was 15 I started working at publix there on Bradforville Road. And many times I would run late. My route would be the road we spoke of above, Crump - Roberts - Bradfordville. With all of the curves and in my old Mercedes E300 I'd pull out of my neighborhood going 60 MPH.

I'd get on Crump and go faster! Around the bend to Roberts I'd speed up and on Bradfordville Road I was insane. Passing people was common for me.

But funny thing... I never got a ticket...

However, one day while driving 8 MPH over the limit on Mahan I did. I hated that so much.

• 1 month later...

I had the most wonderful drive this weekend in my car...

... With my seat tilted back, and my steering wheel low, I was crusin' down Magnolia Drive, it was around 9 o'clock at night, air was cool, windows were down, sunroof tilted. As my music played in the back ground, I took pleasure in the fact that every upcoming light was green. I was able to maintain my 35-40 mph without a single tap on the brakes. Things got fun on the Centerville stretch. I love Centerville road after 9. As I went to turn onto the modified portion of Centerville road, the light was just turning yellow... I made it. I cruised up to the beautiful, and shall I say, exciting intersection of Centerville and Capital Circle, and this is when I started wishing I had my camera. It was a signt to see... those beautiful mast arm light post stacked one behind another awaiting my cars approach before they went from red to green. I was on my way to eat at Ted's. And the food was good.

For the trip back, I took the same route in reverse, making the smooth right at the intersection of CC and Centerville, I looked over and appreciated the fact that there was a dedicated turn lane for Centerville... not only this, but the night drive made it all the more interesting. That road is soo smooth, and the little bridge with the ALLTEL sign lit up at night gave me the feeling I was somewhere new.

Then I looked at my gas needle.

• 5 weeks later...

I agree with you... Look at the South Bound picture... why not widen the northbound portion to align with it? Isn't there a ton of traffic in this bottle-neck portion of this road? Just my thought... it would make a ton more since to have the road 4 lanes or more south of the "downtown flyovers" and north of Orange.

Archived