Coastal Carolina University's New Arena

GSP Tiger

• 5 months later...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man I think Coastal will be the next SC university to hit "big time"! I see a spot for them in Conference USA in the next 10 to 15 years.

Not before Winthrop. I really think the talent of the men's basketball team is beginning to outgrow the Big South Conference.

Yeah I could see C of C., Actually Winthrop I didnn't think of but I guess so as well. I didn't think Furman, Wofford, or SC St would because they have been small schools for such a long time. One of the main reasons I thought of Coastal was because of its rapid growth since breaking away from the USC system.

Wow, I didn't know that Coastal was part of the USC system.

The Winthrop men's basketball team has the 4th longest streak of home court wins in the nation and entered the NCAA tournament last year with the longest winning streak of any of the teams. The goal is for the team to become something of a "mid-major" team, something like Gonzaga has done.

The baseball team has had a few good seasons recently as well.

Archived