Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GSP Tiger

hhgregg in Columbia

hhgregg is a national appliance store like Best Buy and Circuit City without the CDs and DVDs departments. Their first South Carolina store, up in Greenville, is now open.

I first noticed them in a commercial on a local Greensboro TV station. I thought it was another deparment clothing until I checked out their website. It is great to know this world does not revolve around Circuit City and Best Buy.

They'll probably build around Columbiana if they come into the market, if there's any room in the power centers there .. or Sandhill is another possibility.

I'm pretty sure it's in the Village at Sandhill - I did read something about it in The State. That large box going up next to Sofa Express may be it.

The HH Gregg website's store locator seems to imply that it will be in the 29229 zip code, which is where Sandhill is.

I just noticed on my way to work the other day that they are building one beside Goodys/Dick's Sporting Goods off of Harbison Road on Bower. I had never heard of this store, but it looks a lot smaller than Circuit City/Best Buy, but I hope it offers a nice change.

^I noticed that too when I was in Columbia this past weekend. The traffic on Harbison was absolutely INSANE.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was HORRIBLE. But most of it was that tax free thing. I went to Columbiana Centre and it took me 10 minutes to find a park

I read in the paper today that they are building two of these stores in Cola. One will be at the village the other will be off harbison blvd, which makes sense I guess since one is and the other will be the largest retail areas in the midlands. Hey maybe SC will get a Meijer too?