Charlotte's Best Mexican

DigitalSky

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i didn't really like la paz in south end. i felt like it was trying to be a little more upscale (and that is what we wanted when we went)... but there were flies all over, and the food was disappointing.

I really like Cantina in dilworth. I think it succeeds in being what i had expected la paz to be. It had a nice dining area, great food, fast and nice service.

cantina is owned by the same people that own mama ricottas in cherry.

AZTECA on Woodlawn. Awesome AUTHENTIC mexican food, Huge Margarita's, at a GREAT price. Love the place !  :wub:

A2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will have to try Azteca. Sounds like a good recommendation. Current favorite has to be Cantina. They have a pork bbq dish that is so so good. It's a different sort of Mexican, not the 1/3 plate refried beans, 1/3 plate rice, 1/3 plate gloppy entree kind of place.

I will have to try Azteca. Sounds like a good recommendation. Current favorite has to be Cantina. They have a pork bbq dish that is so so good. It's a different sort of Mexican, not the 1/3 plate refried beans, 1/3 plate rice, 1/3 plate gloppy entree kind of place.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

where exactly is Cantina?

I was thinking the same thing. I might have to do a Johhny Burrito. YEAH BABY !  :thumbsup:

A2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Johnny B's is good. Margarita's on Independence is pretty good as well. Large portions and it's cheap. Going outbound Independence, its' on the right, before you hit Sharon Amity.

I think La Paz is delicious. I hated it the first time I went, but I have been back numerous times and not been disappointed since. They have great vegetarian dishes.

For "not so fancy" I would choose Monterrey in University or Fiesta Maya, also in University off Harris Blvd on the way to 77. I think the Azteca over here on Statesville is disgusting, but all my co-workers seem to love it.

I wish we had more mexican restaurants near/in downtown!

I think La Paz is delicious. I hated it the first time I went, but I have been back numerous times and not been disappointed since.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

maybe i should give them another try. (and i assume your lack of disappointment isn't from low expectations, right? :))

maybe i should give them another try.  (and i assume your lack of disappointment isn't from low expectations, right? :))

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha.

I think my expectations are pretty high for restaurants, at least for the food anyway. I certainly wouldn't want to eat at a place where there were flies everywhere, but fortunately, I didn't see any. I do think they are trying to be a little upscale, but I just ignore that.

Maybe you should try the zapnin. I also like how they have black beans instead of the usual pintos and three colors of chips! Man, that's fancy.

i would have to say charlotte's best mexican is my neighbor raoul rodriguez. he is a father of 2 and a little league coach as well as a firefighter. :D

really, azteca is great...but el ranchito on sharon amity near eastland is mui bueno.

Maybe you should try the zapnin. I also like how they have black beans instead of the usual pintos and three colors of chips! Man, that's fancy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, try the zapnin but you must try the green salsa at La Paz... i could drink that stuff hah

i would have to say charlotte's best mexican is my neighbor raoul rodriguez.  he is a father of 2 and a little league coach as well as a firefighter.  :D

really, azteca is great...but el ranchito on sharon amity near eastland is mui bueno.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl: I was just waiting for someone to answer that question literally.

Archived