Del Frisco coming to Charlotte

DigitalSky

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another steakhouse is always good to have.  Steak is considered to be brain food for me, so I always like to see who has the better steaks.  Where is there currently a Del Frisco?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

New York, Denver, Dallas, Ft. Worth, Orlando, and Las Vegas....I think

It is also doubtful I will eat at a Ruth's Chris.  Steak does not have to be that expensive.  I would prefer all-you-can-eat steak on the economic levels of Ryan's and Golden Corral, but on a premium level.  I wonder where you can get that in Charlotte.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you want a premium level of beef then you are going to have to pay for it, unfortunately. Personally, I can never tell much difference in steaks, but I'm no connoisseur of red meat.

I wish Charlotte would get a Fogo de Chao.

Its really good, and it is kind of entertaining the way they serve you.

http://www.fogodechao.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Man that place is GOOD!!! I have eaten at the one in Buckhead and Addison, TX. The brazillian place on Independence doesn't hold a candle to thier meats but the price is sure better. I will be trying another Briziallian steakhouse like Fogo de Chao in Aruba this weekend...Texas de Brazil. Supposed to be the same concept.

It is also doubtful I will eat at a Ruth's Chris.  Steak does not have to be that expensive.  I would prefer all-you-can-eat steak on the economic levels of Ryan's and Golden Corral, but on a premium level.  I wonder where you can get that in Charlotte.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Steak CAN and IS that expensive. If you go to a Fresh Market and get freshly cut steak in a premium cut like strip or filet, it can be $15 for a large steak. And that is cook yourself. Add in dry aged/marinating time and a cook to grill it for you...and you have a $32 steak.

Until you have eaten at a premium steakhouse, you can't appreciate the prices. The cuts are enormous (consider it all you can eat) and the meat melts in your mouth. No steak from Ryans/Golden Corral are ever going to do that.

And for my 2 cents on steaks...McIntosh's is the best NY Strip, Morton's has the best porterhouse, and Sullivans has the best Cowboy Rib Eye!

Archived