Winn Dixie bidding deadline passes quietly

mediamongrel

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think anyone bid on it.. it's the same shopping center with the abandoned Walmart

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well since we know Winn Dixie is closing their location there, and we know that Wal Mart wont build again on that location...this would be a great location for a new Knights stadium (if the Knights Happened to move here.) They could have parking on the Winn Dixie side and a baseball stadium where the Wal Mart is.

Well since we know Winn Dixie is closing their location there, and we know that Wal Mart wont build again on that location...this would be a great location for a new Knights stadium (if the Knights Happened to move here.)  They could have parking on the Winn Dixie side and a baseball stadium where the Wal Mart is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm afraid that won't happen though realistically and it'll just remain a poor abandoned shopping center... where's the closest light rail station gonna be to this shopping center though? It could be a good oppourtunity for redevlopment

i'm afraid that won't happen though realistically and it'll just remain a poor abandoned shopping center... where's the closest light rail station gonna be to this shopping center though? It could be a good oppourtunity for redevlopment

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The store on Arrowood did get a bid. I'm not sure who bid on it, but I do know the store on Franklin Blvd. in West Gastonia which is directly across from the new Wal Mart Supercenter got a bid from Park N Shop which plans to use it as a Hispanic supermarket. I wouldn't be suprised if they bid on Arrowood also as that store is in a largely Hispanic area and, coincedintally, close to a Wal Mart.

The store on Arrowood did get a bid. I'm not sure who bid on it, but I do know the store on Franklin Blvd. in West Gastonia which is directly across from the new Wal Mart Supercenter got a bid from Park N Shop which plans to use it as a Hispanic supermarket. I wouldn't be suprised if they bid on Arrowood also as that store is in a largely Hispanic area and, coincedintally, close to a Wal Mart.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's interesting, and a possibility. welcome to urbanplanet!

http://www.edensandavant.com/oc_center_detail.aspx?cid=151

South Square Marketplace Information (Arrowood Rd Store) (notice the site still says across from Wal-Mart despite the fact that it closed a few years ago)

southsquare.jpg

there's the Winn Dixie

edit: here's the most recent list of stores with bids http://www.winndixie.com/locations/list.asp

http://www.winndixie.com/locations/list.asp as of Jul 19 University (Back Creek Centre) did not have a bid.. but it's a good location frequented by many UNCC students and at the corner of 485 and 49 so I'm sure it'll will end up being something. I think the McMullen store will end up being something eventually, and i wish I could say the same about the Stallings store. Bi-Lo one the bid on Peachtree Plaza (i think)

Stallings, NC Winn-Dixie to close August 15, Weddington, NC Winn-Dixie to be converted to "flagship" Harris Teeter by February 2006.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was told Stallings would start liquidating everything around aug. 10 or 11 at 50% off. It doesn't sound like four days is enough time to get rid of everything. It took about 7-10 days for Hannafords to clear out all their stock.

Any idea when W.D. will pull out of their Weddington store?

I did hear the same thing you did about H.T. turning Weddington into a flagship store, but I was told it would take 6-9 months to get it up to H.T. standards.

I was told Stallings would start liquidating everything around the aug. 10 or 11 at 50% off. It doesn't sound like four days is enough time to get rid of everything. It took about 7-10 days for Hannafords to clear out all their stock.

Any idea when W.D. will pull out of their Weddington store?

I did hear the same thing you did about H.T. turning Weddington into a flagship store, but I was told it would take 6-9 months to get it up to H.T. standards.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Feb. 2006 is six months, is it not? You may be right about the Stallings store, they may just stay open past the 15th until all their inventory is gone. What's weird is they are still stocking the shelves.

Most of it is on their website, though it's not quite user friendly.  You have to scroll across the page to find out if that store has been bid on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah i mean i know the list.. i meant if there's specifics on it, when and who exactly instead of a Approved or No. If you want the list to be "user friendly", make your computer's resolution as big as possible

• 2 weeks later...

Archived