Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobliocatt

Zoning Sought For 25-Story Condo Plan

I would bet this will get the city's approal. Christine Burdick and Mark Huey seem to back it. SkyPoint has been wildly successful for the developers. Saul-Sena will probably vote against ("too tall"), but it will pass.

I would bet this will get the city's approal. Christine Burdick and Mark Huey seem to back it. SkyPoint has been wildly successful for the developers. Saul-Sena will probably vote against ("too tall"), but it will pass.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When are they supposed to vote on this. This is the one that is red at the parking levels then tiers going up? There's so many proposals now that I'm getting them all mixed up.

That's the one, Robbie. I haven't seen a rendering in the papers yet. Guess we will shortly after it passes (IF it passes). Don't know when the vote is, but I can tell you that the NIMBYs in the Channel District will be out in force to oppose.

That's the one, Robbie. I haven't seen a rendering in the papers yet. Guess we will shortly after it passes (IF it passes). Don't know when the vote is, but I can tell you that the NIMBYs in the Channel District will be out in force to oppose.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

JoseGaspar, what's a NIMBY?

hjack

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe Saul-Sena should be referred to from now on as 'Too Tall Saul'. Has a ring to it.

"N(ot) I(n) M(y) B(ack) Y(ard)"

The downside to giving the people a voice! :P

I wonder what Tampa would look like if not for the NIMBYs!

hjack

PS No, I'm not a commie!

So I wake up this morning around 5:00, I go to my computer to check out the TECO cam and what is it I see? It's action at the Skypoint site! That's right. It looks like they're working "round the clock" under bright lights. Now THAT'S a pleasant surprise.

I think it's safe to say that the Novare/Intown Group means business! They present an idea, listen to feedback, get it approved, start on the project and to top it off, they work around the clock. If this is a reflection of their business ethic, I certainly hope their next project gets approved quickly. I trust the City Council's done their homework. . . :thumbsup: