Ritz-Carlton Hotel

atlrvr

I think it is on top of the parking lot across College street from BofA Corporate center and directly across from the OCC.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It WAS to have been there, but then Lincoln Harris (who owns the site with BofA) and BofA have parted ways. It is likely that Lincoln will buy out BofA on this site and develop it.....if I had to guess a high end condo hotel (Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton) and s few floors of shopping....though I don't expect this to happen in the near future.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It WAS to have been there, but then Lincoln Harris (who owns the site with BofA) and BofA have parted ways.  It is likely that Lincoln will buy out BofA on this site and develop it.....if I had to guess a high end condo hotel (Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton) and s few floors of shopping....though I don't expect this to happen in the near future.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for the head's up atlrvr. I would love to see a Ritz uptown. Definately would be a nice addition. B)

Possbily, though I doubt it....I was purely speculating on what will become of the Lincoln Harris lot based on their previous plans, and the current market.....though I do think EpiCentre makes the site much more viable for Lincoln Harris for additional retail....the hotel component is a wait and see approach.

EpiCentre is going to be a nice addition to Charlotte's skyline. I think a Ritz would be a good addition to Charlotte as well. Being the football nut that I am I think hotels are always a good thing. As the city grows maybe we'll get a superbowl in the next ten years or so. That would really help propel Charlotte in my opinion.

EpiCentre is going to be a nice addition to Charlotte's skyline.  I think a Ritz would be a good addition to Charlotte as well.  Being the football nut that I am I think hotels are always a good thing.  As the city grows maybe we'll get a superbowl in the next ten years or so.  That would really help propel Charlotte in my opinion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't see Charlotte getting a Super Bowl due to the unpredicatable weather at that time of year.

• 1 month later...

Apparently, BofA is holding a news conference today at 330 pm in Founder's Hall and the paper has speculated that it could be about the $60 million development they are planning uptown.

Apparently, BofA is holding a news conference today at 330 pm in Founder's Hall and the paper has speculated that it could be about the $60 million development they are planning uptown.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder what $60M would get us in terms of height for an office building. I can't imagine it would be that tall for that sum of cash. I figure 15, maybe 20 stories. Any ideas atlrvr???

A2

I wonder what $60M would get us in terms of height for an office building. I can't imagine it would be that tall for that sum of cash. I figure 15, maybe 20 stories. Any ideas atlrvr???

A2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

$60 mil would likely only get 20 stories. Unless like someone noted in another thread that they revive the old corporate center II plans, hence saving the cost of design.

Just learned that BofA is going to annouce that a Ritz-Carlton Hotel is going to be built uptown and that Dee Dee Harris has a letter of intent from Ritz-Carlton as well to build condominiums at her Seven Eagles Village. Apparently, Ritz-Carlton has been looking at sites around Charlotte since May.

According to channel 9, an announcement about Ritz Carlton coming to uptown is due later today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It keeps getting better and better for uptown. I mean this is freggin awesome. I hope it is modeled after the one in Buckhead. I stay at that one often when I stay in Atlanta for business. I love the place. I would also love to get a "W", but I think that is still a ways out.

A2

According to channel 9, an announcement about Ritz Carlton coming to uptown is due later today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pretty amazing that this is happening! I remember when we tossed around these rumors going back to last year and, any way we sliced it, it seemed highly improbable. Especially in view of the fairly week hotel occupancies here.

Where will they put it. Any ideas? When is Channel 9 going to disclose this ? Man, you got me going now.... :w00t:

A2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They didn't say where it would be. If I heard them correctly, they said the details would be announced by Bank of America later today in a news conference.

They also stated that Ritz is interested in doing condos on the DeeDee Harris site on Park Rd.

it seems obvious that the ritz is tied in with the $60m project for uptown, but i wonder if it is also tied in to ghazi's plan for a luxury hotel in the epicenter.

Perhaps this means that the land across trade from epicenter will get the hotel and the office (or possibly just the hotel). It seemed that land at college and trade was bound to have activity given its proximity to the square, bofa corp center, epicenter, light rail, and the arena.

So that means potentially -

BofA announced new deal at 7th / Tryon for a tower complete with Ritz Carleton.

Tax Revenue goes to support the Arts projects for the Wachovia project.

Ritz uses DeeDee for her hole.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See, everyone walks away from the deal happy :lol: Even Dee Dee...

A2

Archived