Ritz-Carlton Hotel

atlrvr

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was impressive to see how many people turned out....I'd say close to 1,000 interested people showed up......that should indicated to the mayor how interested people are in the growth of downtown and maybe he'll lend his support to the Arts project.

It was impressive to see how many people turned out....I'd say close to 1,000 interested people showed up......that should indicated to the mayor how interested people are in the growth of downtown and maybe he'll lend his support to the Arts project.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree atlrvr ! I am glad that "us" posters are not the only Urban Nuts here in Charlotte. It is really awesome to see everyone behind this city. I think the best is truly yet to come !!!

B)

A2

I think that the best news out of all of this is that for Ritz to commit, I would think that BofA would have had to reassure them extensively that they would not be relocating their corporate HQ to NYC.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I strongly agree, granted it isn't corporate two, but given that they made a big deal of the official name being The ritz carlton of Charlotte at Bank of America Corporate Center, I think shows BofA's commitment.

Just got back to the desk. The meeting was AWESOME ! Everyone was filled with excitement and anticipation. I can tell you right now that there are NO contengincies and the Ritz is going UP. Granted the intial height qouted is 15 stories, but this only adds to the dynamics of what is happening in that part of town. For one, the Epicenter will be literally right across the street. In addition, the mayor stated he was going to add the Ritz into the sales pitch for the HofF. I think right now, there is more MOMENTUM in this city than in most other cities in the US. I am quite shocked at the rate at which announcements are raining down. In five years out Center city will be hardly recognizable as we add skraper after skraper. This is truly a domino effect, and I do not see it ending in the near future.

Thanks again BofA,

A2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And to think just 5 years ago I was hoping and praying for a krispy kremes to go up next to Starbucks on Tryon and that would be all it took to get the ball rolling! Cool.

I think that the best news out of all of this is that for Ritz to commit, I would think that BofA would have had to reassure them extensively that they would not be relocating their corporate HQ to NYC.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are so right....I love the fact that now when I go back up to NYC, I'll have a comeback when people give me cr*p about BofA moving its headquarters to NYC!!

Q. Will the crosswalk between the Corporate Center and its parking deck be impacted?

A. Yes. The crosswalk will be out of commission for about 18 months as construction occurs. An alternative plan will be developed and communicated before construction begins next year.

Q. Will there be street closures during construction?

A. No. We don

Looking at that rendering it means bye-bye 2 Corp Center (as if we hadn't already bid it goodbye...). I'm sure they built the parking deck to accomodate a building on top of it, and there's the chance you could add a tower on the pad on the back-side of the hotel, but nothing of the size of 2 Corp.

Soo...this project didn't have anything to do with their Tryon property....hmmm.....

I'd also like to mention that the addition of this project makes the urban core of Tryon-Trade-College among the densest cores in the southeast. Not that this was the tipping point, but the Epicenter and this project will close that remaining gap on College.

Yes

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right in front of the Corporate Center Parking Deck - to replace the portion that is only a surface lot? Integrating the parking deck structure into the hotel?

Another thought - instant customer base from the basketball teams and other performers that will play at the arena.

replacing only half of what is surface lot. After this project: 1/2 block will be the existing parking deck, 1/4 will be ritz, and 1/4 will be surface lot and eventually could be a revised, smaller-footprinted 2 corp office tower.

I don't think we will ever see an office project on that block....the most likely use in my opinion would be a residential tower, possibly associated with the Ritz going up there, and 2-3 stories of retail at the base.

I don't think we will ever see an office project on that block....the most likely use in my opinion would be a residential tower, possibly associated with the Ritz going up there, and 2-3 stories of retail at the base.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

even better, imo.

One thing I am really loving about this right now is that a year ago we were bemoaning the loss of a "ritz like" hotel to a suburban area with Dee Dee's seven eagles proposal.  Now we get to have the real thing uptown since Dee Dee is a screw up!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

we owe her a thanks. (and probably a thousand apologies for all our crass comments)

One thing I am really loving about this right now is that a year ago we were bemoaning the loss of a "ritz like" hotel to a suburban area with Dee Dee's seven eagles proposal.  Now we get to have the real thing uptown since Dee Dee is a screw up!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hooray for DeeDee!! She did something right even though her intentions were in the wrong place.

Archived