Why doesnt WBTV just come out and say it?

QC704

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To summarize tonights Channel 3 News:

Disruptive CMS teens going to boot camp

Underage teens breaking curfew downtown

CMPD and the Mayor McCrory's response to curfiew violations

CMPD's plan to stop cruising downtown

CMPD to add more police downtown (how long will this last?)

...and how could I forget, they showed the "riot" at least 3 more times

Shawn&Zae, I have no idea how to spell his name. But it was him. That was the reason she left the show -- A Current Affair or Inside Edition, whichever it was. It was mentioned again recently after that producer or writer sued him.

Islamic? I assume you mean Muslim  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I meant Islamic since that's what they said in the broadcast. It was something weird like "Islamics could be at Southpark mall shopping for shoes blah, blah, blah... " I wanted to watch their report warning me about the danger of Scientologists, but I think I missed that one. :(

I meant Islamic since that's what they said in the broadcast. It was something weird like "Islamics could be at Southpark mall shopping for shoes blah, blah, blah... " I wanted to watch their report warning me about the danger of Scientologists, but I think I missed that one. :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ah gotcha. i missed that report so i guess i don't know about the threat of the "islamics" lol

Me too. 

Speaking of zany weathermen and the sensitive topic of rape, there was once a poplular zany weatherman by the name of Tex Antoine at WABC Channel 7 in New York, who was also known as Uncle Weatherbee.  I recall this had to be around 1976 - after a story about a rape in NYC, he made the comment "Well, I always say when rape is inevitable, just relax and enjoy it.  Now the weather...".  I think he was probably fired at the next commercial break and, not surprisingly, never surfaced again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh my word!!! :o

I have had to give up on the news. I was getting a little paranoid and feeling rather defeated for a whole there. On the other hand, when I was downtown the week before the 4th traffic was HORRIBLE at 1 in the morning and while we sat in traffic waiting we saw this very large group of guys just run up and beat the ever lovin' snot out of this one dude standing there by himself.

Granted his motions seemed to welcome the attack, but come on. That was so scary to see. On our way out of downtown that same guy that got his butt whooped was still standing there all bloody but acting like nothing happened. It was really bizarre.

Oh...did anyone see (dont remember what channel it was) where the lady was about to report on the trouble the black teens were causing when this young, drunk white guy ran up on the camera and said "Y'all need to get the **** out of here"? That plus the look on her face was priceless. :rofl:

WTBV's lead story last night was on the 4th of July riot. It seems the main reason for having it as the lead story along with the videos again. (this time they did freeze frames to highlight the violence) was simply that it had been a month since it occured. They are really milking it for ratings as much as they can.

did they do the "it has now been a month since we first showed you this shocking footage of..." to remind the viewer of how important they are in our lives and delivering news to us. the "event" is their telling of the news rather than the actual news....

:rolleyes:

Yeah this story has really gotten old. It seems to me that the Police have taken action and things are back under control again. I was downtown this weekend and thouroughly enjoyed it. Felt perfectly safe the whole time.

The key when you drive down there is to avoid Tryon...its not designed to move cars, but rather people.