City Place Condos?

brown doc

Hey

Just wondering about City Place Condos? A remodeled school house located on 775 Potter Street. Is that way too far away from everything? The price seems affordable ($200K for big new space). What do you guys think? How is the neighborhood?

Thanks

browndoc

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The location is... frontier. But it will be very convenient to everything. I lived in that hood for 4-5 years and had no trouble. Just gotta defend your territory a little more than usual, talk to the neighbors, keep your eyes open. A little paranoia goes a long way.

I think I drove past those the other day, but that street seems pretty sketchy to me.  "Frontier" is a nice way to put it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be honest, it looks like a slightly later school building set back from Potters Ave off of Cranston St. Alright looking, but that area of Potters and Cranston is pretty ugly and a little rough crime wise.

But it is very close to some of my favorite buildings (the iron front commercial block on Cranston). If something is ever done with the Cranston streetscape, the area might be alright, but it is a very long way away.

I'd say they are priced ok for the market, but you have to really want space like that to bite.

To be honest, it looks like a slightly later school building set back from Potters Ave off of Cranston St. Alright looking, but that area of Potters and Cranston is pretty ugly and a little rough crime wise.

But it is very close to some of my favorite buildings (the iron front commercial block on Cranston). If something is ever done with the Cranston streetscape, the area might be alright, but it is a very long way away.

I'd say they are priced ok for the market, but you have to really want space like that to bite.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the info. It really helps a great deal.

browndoc

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you know what, if any, plans there are for Cranston Street? I think this street actually has a ton of potential from the Armory through Potters Ave. It really is bustling with so much commercial, retail, and pedestrian activity ... the quality of the storefronts, streetscaping, etc. just need to be given a little (or a lot of) attention and I think the street could really be great. Thoughts?

Do you know what, if any, plans there are for Cranston Street?  I think this street actually has a ton of potential from the Armory through Potters Ave.  It really is bustling with so much commercial, retail, and pedestrian activity ... the quality of the storefronts, streetscaping, etc. just need to be given a little (or a lot of) attention and I think the street could really be great.  Thoughts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It certainly does have a lot of potential, but it seems to be getting worse and not better. There is currently a horrible stripmall cinderblock building going up that is set back from the road with parking in front. All of the newer buildings there are completely incorrect for an Urban environment. At least the big new laundromat was built right up to the street. The driving on Cranston St is always scary. I dont mind it, but I feel like i'm playing some sort of weird video game avoiding cars darting out into the street, stopping abruptly, uturns, etc etc.

Liam

Brown Doc,

What did you think of the condos? I looked at them today and they are very nice. It is just the neighborhood that seems like it could use some work. It does however, look like the neighborhood is improving...

I am still debating. Finding affordable space like that seems to be rare up here.

Thanks!

Divot.

Hey

Just wondering about City Place Condos?  A remodeled school house located on 775 Potter Street.  Is that way too far away from everything?  The price seems affordable ($200K for big new space).  What do you guys think?  How is the neighborhood?

Thanks

browndoc

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont think living there would be bad, as long as you had a little st smarts in you. Coming and going is easy, given Elmwood Ave, Dexter St, and that boulevard (forget the name) that intersects with Cranston St. They're rebuilding the RT 10 on ramp right there.

However, you will need to lock your car, peg your lower windows so they cant be opened far, talk to the locals, both kids and adults that you meet on the sidewalk to establish alliances, yet keep your material profile low to avoid oportunists. I think it would be ok. You might like it. I did.

Archived