Car insurance rates: RI vs. MA

urbie

My insurance doubled when I moved to PVD from BOS.

Can someone explain this.. You get your car registered, it is for 2 years.. You get insurance, for 6 months.. People register there car, pay insurance for six months, and drive 1.5 years with no insurance..

How does the state "fix" this? By charging the people who actually PAY their insurance a surcharge for uninsured drivers.. UGH>>

How about going to a year insurance, year registration policy hmm??? Rocket science? No..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i've got geico, and i've probably said this before in this thread, but i've gotten quotes from several other companies, including one that i can get a group rate through work (or alternatively through my college alumni association) and the most savings i've found i'd get is $50 a year. it wasn't worth the hassle for me to switch since i've dealt with geico for accidents and other things and the superb customer service was worth the extra $50 per year.

i went from paying $650/6 months to paying 1190/6 months without EVER having had a moving vehicle violation, an accident or any kind of claim and i've been a customer for over 15 years AND i had my motorcycle insurance with them so i was getting some kind of discount. Now, we pay approx $750 for exactly the same coverage with Ben's insurance (USAA, which i think is only open to military, retired and family of military) with a lower deductable, and 24 hr roadside assistance.

Sorry, but i'm not paying the caveman's salary anymore!

Archived