> doormanpoet speaks about Sig T

linclink

Hi monsoon!

I don't mean to be offensive, nor to come across as attacking you. However, I do not understand the reason for this thread being deemed unacceptable. Could you explain what part of it "crossed the line"?!?!?! You know, if this website were full of problems and constant in-fighting and bickering, I could certainly understand your need to police the posts in the manner that you do. But we are a very forgiving group who get along exceptionally well. Everyone is respectful of everyone elses opinions, and I think we are all capable of knowing when something is opinion, and when something is fact. Lately, it has not been as enjoyable posting here since one never knows when the moderator is going to be offended by our posts. It would be appreciated if you would loosen up a bit, and stop being so uptight over everything that is posted here!

I hope I have not offended you. My intent is not to attack you personally. I mean that with the utmost respect . Obviously what I have said, can potentially, be taken the wrong way and my right to post, may be revoked due to my questioning of your authority. But it really is upsetting to have a moderator constantly checking up and taking action, on what is a very good group.

Paula

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly agree with you 100% Paula. The only thing I can think of is that he mentioned the paper where he works. I for one don't see that as "advertising" or anything like that. The paper is common knowledge to everyone who posts in the Tennessee area and I don't see why he can't mention where he works. It's not as if he is blatantly trying to get people to read it. If that isn't the problem then I haven't a clue.

Hey Dave!!

Nice to be back!! I was on vacation... went to St. Louis, Chicago, St. Joseph (Michigan) and Battle Creek (Michigan)!

All VERY beautiful cities in their own right!!

Drove by Nashville on the way, and back, but was unable to stop by! I told my husband... that was like wandering around in the desert and then having a glass of water passed around in front of you, but not being allowed to drink!!! I was VERY upset that we were unable to stop in Nashville!!! But, if all goes well, in the Spring we will be moving there for good!!!

Maybe I'll even make it to next years forum meet!!!!

Paula

Hey GaTechGuy!!!

At first I thought it might have been the fact that William mentioned the paper, but just a couple of days ago, there was a conversation between Doormanpoet and monsoon in the "A Quick Hello" thread.

Doormanpoet:

I can't give my blog name out here? I did not realize that. How am I gonna get other forumers to read it? I can't mention The Doors? Vandy? I did not realize that. I guess William cannot mention the City Paper then, or it may be an advertizement!

Here is the reply:

monsoon:

Those are the rules here. We ge innudated in all kinds of stuff like this almost daily, so as a result the staff has decided that we needed rule #4. The paper can be mentioned because everyone already knows about it and don't need our resources to advertize. Blogs are another matter however. We leave it to the discretion of the moderators in each section to determine what is appropriate. Since we don't yet have a moderator for this section I am it by default. I hope you understand.

So, if the problem was not the mention of the City Paper, then I have no idea what was wrong with the post!!!

I was also kind of upset the other night when I was asking a few of the regulars for a few Nashville websites and my post was deleted almost as soon as it went up. I'm not tryin to cause trouble but I can't see how someone giving me their favortie Nashville sights would hurt anything. monsoon maybe you should loosen up a bit on us.

I agree with all that has been said. The moderators are a little overboard. I dont see anything wrong with posting links to other web pages especialy newspapers, downtown assc. or city gov. I have found a lot of great web-sites that I would love to share. Metro said that the post were on a case by case basis. Why can't we have our own moderator for this forum, one who knows the majority of the people here and can be a little more fair about the issues.

Cheeriokid,

I don't think that would be a problem. From what monsoon said in his conversation with Doormanpoet, it seemed to me like the only reason he is moderating here is because no one else has offered to do it. Maybe he would actually like it if someone took over....

I nominate Dave.... ;) I think Doormanpoet would be a good moderator too...

Paula

Maybe he thinks william was being rude to doormanpoet or something else or, who knows?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed. This was a thread that was created about another forumer. I don't know what is going on but I have to consider that a thread like that could lead to a lot of trouble so I closed it. It was nothing more than that. I apologise if I was wrong and I did not mean to cause grief. The objective is to keep things nice and civil in this forum unlike so many other forums that you could post on. I am trying to find a moderator for this section that would put an end to my poor moderation since I don't know the area. UrbanPlanet is growning so fast it is difficult for us to keep up with it, but we will keep trying to make it a good place to have discussions.

BTW, this was not related to my earlier discussion on mentioning the advertizing of other websites. That is part of the published rules for the site and we do expect everyone to read, understand and follow them when posting here. These rules are in place to protect the owner from legal issues and also to protect our forumers.

I highly recommend that everyone check them out. - - UrbanPlanet Rules

We didn't create these to cause problems but are hands were forced by several bad forumers who decided to abuse their priviledges here.

Haha, thanks for the vote of confidence and the compliments about UrbanPlanet. Someone from Tennessee would make a much better moderator than I would since the main purpose as we see it, is not to enforce rules, but rather encourage discussions that are relevant to the area.

William and I are the best of friends. I took no offence to what he said. I am a skyscraper fanatic, and he is more of an infill fanatic. We don't always agree on what developments we like, but his post was IN NO WAY offensive to me. Everything is cool. Lets get on with it! We have so much happening this summer in regards to new development, I think it is time for another forum meet.

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the moderator issue. I'll have to pass for right now, I will be out of town soon, and then my fall schedule involves a lot of time away from the computer. The fall convention schedule is going to keep me pretty busy at the hotel.

I'll keep everyone posted with any news. I hope to speak to Ted Welch again soon. I want to see what projects he may be involved with.

John.

Archived