Greenville Stamp

NYTransplant

I read in the Greenville News this AM about the Greenville postage stamps issued by the CVB.

Article.

I'll probably pick up a few along with post cards Saturday at the park.

Just think, if they never order more than the first 2,500, thay would be a great collector's item. I have a feeling though, that they will be quite popular, even at $.60 each.

Way to go CVB! :thumbsup:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks nifty.  Are there any ideas for future Greenville stamps?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't see anything about that. I would assume if this one goes over well, they may try another. I'd guess that there is a setup charge that is amortized over the number of stamps ordered. Maybe the next batch will be bigger and cost less.

I'd love to see more. The Peace Center would be a good subject for a stamp. Maybe also the ballpark when its done.

I'm going to pick some up myself!  :thumbsup:

BTW, I just checked out STAMPS.COM and I see that you can create your own stamps.  A full sheet of 20 $0.37 stamps for $16.99.  Not a bad premium to have for something unique.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be a great addition to the holiday cards. A stamp with your own mug on it. Maybe the dog with reindeer antlers. :D

What does that mean to those who collect stamps? How would you define a rare stamp if anyone can make a run of 20? I guess you only collect those issued by the postal service. :unsure:

When I was a kid I collected stamps, so when I saw this I thought the same thing.

Also, I heard a commercial on the radio for personal stamps, but it was a different company. photostamps.com you can make stamps out of any photo you send them.

As for Greenville Stamps, I just wish the difference between 37 and 60 cents went to the City, like a fund raiser, Didn't the article say that they won't make any profits off this? That 60 cents is what they pay for each stamp.

You kow where I see this going? Business stamps. Actually I may just have some made, might has well buy some stamps with the company logo on them.

When I was a kid I collected stamps, so when I saw this I thought the same thing.

Also, I heard a commercial on the radio for personal stamps,  but it was a different company.  photostamps.com  you can make stamps out of any photo you send them.

As for Greenville Stamps, I just wish the difference between 37 and 60 cents went to the City, like a fund raiser, Didn't the article say that they won't make any profits off this?  That 60 cents is what they pay for each stamp.

You kow where I see this going?  Business stamps.  Actually I may just have some made, might has well buy some stamps with the company logo on them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Last time I was at the post office, I saw some stamps that were marked up, but the proceeds went to cancer research.

If Greenville bought a large lot, they probably could give the proceeds to the City. It seems the first 2,500 may be aimed at test marketing. Hopefully they will be a big hit and the next order will be large enough to benefit from financially.

I wonder how much the Post Office gets from these stamps? If it is the full $.37, it must be a dream come true. They can still get $.37 postage with zero cost for printing stamps. No wonder they allow it. Although if you think about the logistics of policing counterfitting, maybe its not so good.

• 1 month later...

Archived