Tallahassee Trivia!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I used to (and still do to some extent) study gegraphy and history extensively (I've been to three state Geography Bees, in 4th, 5th, and 8th grade), so I know all kinds of this related to the lay of the land, populations, climates, etc.

here something i found in the democraets special 100 yr aniversary section of saturdays paper..... Oct 5, 1925. An idea of Milton A. Smith editor of Daily Democrate (Soon to be Tallahassee Democrate) for the canalization of leon county received endorsements from several tallahassee organizations. the plan called for the canal to originate at Wakulla springs, connect to lake bradford and other area lakes, connecting to the Gulf via the st. marks river giving tallahassee true access to the sea. over 100 miles would've been neccessary. And in 1925, this idea was considered practical (or did he utilize his papers influence to build popular support for his project). I have heard of some major ditch working done shortly after this time period, but nothing of this canal system...

Edited by csmurphy8885

Here's a bit of trivia:

You have to go back 6 pages in the "Tallahassee: Development news & information" thread to find a post from somebody not named TaureanJ, csmurphy8885, or cityboy05.

Also, 38 out of the 69 (55%) threads on this forum have been started by TaureanJ, who has also had the last word in 52 out of those 69 (75%) threads.

I found these facts to be pretty interesting.

Edited by bic

Well, I never mean anything I say here as an insult. I don't come here to insult things.

Yeah, I know about the participation thing..we both just have a lot to say for our cities or whatever we post in.

Edited by ironchapman