Tallahassee Trivia!

Today I was in my band's music library and did you guys know that there is a composition called Tallahassee? It think it was arranged by Charles Carter a well know composer throughout the US and other countries, and was a music teacher at Floridsa State's school of music were he wrote for the Marching Chiefs over a period of 43 years!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It could be worse than T-Pain.....a lot worse.......

Think about us Miami folks, we got people reppin us like Trick Daddy, Trina and Jacki-O, the last two who are just plain NASTY. All of Trina's songs revolve around the following topics: sex, money, gettin paid, sex, Beemers, Benzes, oh and did I mention sex?? I'm not hating on Trina (lord knows I love her) but there is worse than T-Pain! And Jacki-O, with her song "P****". Before she made it big, she was a phone sex operator.....go figure!

And then before all of those people, we had II Live Crew put us on the map, and I don't think I have to explain them! :P

I almost couldn't believe it myself, but unfortunately that's her bio. Strippers used to be fine but now it seems like any chick can become a stripper.

Ha ha! :D Khia is just nasty nasty. At least Trina has glamour to her.

A friend of mine from back home told me to watch the "Hustlin'" video from Rick Ross. It has scenes from all around my 'hood, including this one corner store 3 blocks from my house. And who can't forget Carolmart (aka the Carol City Flea Market) and the CC Chiefs! Watchin it just feels like home :P

• 2 months later...

Today I was in my band's music library and did you guys know that there is a composition called Tallahassee? It think it was arranged by Charles Carter a well know composer throughout the US and other countries, and was a music teacher at Floridsa State's school of music were he wrote for the Marching Chiefs over a period of 43 years!

There are a lot of tunes with Tallahassee in the title or the words of the tune.

There's the fiddle tune named Tallahassee, that for a long time, opened the Channel 6 morning show. I don't know who wrote it but former state champion fiddler, Wayne Martin (who runs that great restaurant in Blountstown) recorded it for the TV station. It's on a lot of old time fiddle albums.

The best known Tallahassee tune is probably "Tallahassee Lassie" by Freddy "Boom Boom" Cannon.

Bing Crowsby and the Andrew Sisters had a hit tune, "Tallahassee", which was in the movie, Variety Girl. They also did a tune called "Apalachacola". Jo Stafford also recorded the tune as did several others back in the 40's.

Then there's that tune that was written for the city centennial titled "Call of Tallahassee." It's on local legend Doug Gauss's first album, Florida Natural. Speaking of Doug, does anyone have a copy of his Christmas album?

There's a new folk song by Alaskan singer Willis Fireball called "Going to Tallahassee" which has some nice harmonies.

Heather Bishop recorded her own tune, Tallahassee.

Billy Lee Riley has a country tune named Tallahassee.

In the emo/folk genre (is there such a thing), check out "Tallahassee" by Mark Bradlyn

The Mountain Goats did a Tallahassee album with a tune called "Southwood Plantation Road" on it. It's not my brand of bourbon but I'm told that some people like it. They also have a tune called Tallahassee.

Also in the rock genre, there's Sweet Tallahassee by Sool.

Bruce Cockburn has "King Kong Goes to Tallahassee".

Alternative band, the Hideous North, has "The Oriental Hooker and the Man from Tallahassee". For extra credit, which local politico does this tune seem to fit. No...don't answer here. Think about it and have a laugh.

The old (1930's) blues act, Spark Plug Slim and Tallahassee Tight, recorded "Tallahassee Women" which is a real nice tune and worth tracking down if you don't already have it.

A more contemporary blues act, Swamp Cabbage, has a tune called Tallahassee

In the classical genre, there's Tallahassee Suite Number 1, Bygone Memories by Jascha Heiftez.

I know I've missed a bunch of other tunes. Educate me.

Edited by ghostOFtheSuwanee

There are a lot of tunes with Tallahassee in the title or the words of the tune.

There's the fiddle tune named Tallahassee, that for a long time, opened the Channel 6 morning show. I don't know who wrote it but former state champion fiddler, Wayne Martin (who runs that great restaurant in Blountstown) recorded it for the TV station. It's on a lot of old time fiddle albums.

The best known Tallahassee tune is probably "Tallahassee Lassie" by Freddy "Boom Boom" Cannon.

Bing Crowsby and the Andrew Sisters had a hit tune, "Tallahassee", which was in the movie, Variety Girl. They also did a tune called "Apalachacola". Jo Stafford also recorded the tune as did several others back in the 40's.

Then there's that tune that was written for the city centennial titled "Call of Tallahassee." It's on local legend Doug Gauss's first album, Florida Natural. Speaking of Doug, does anyone have a copy of his Christmas album?

There's a new folk song by Alaskan singer Willis Fireball called "Going to Tallahassee" which has some nice harmonies.

Heather Bishop recorded her own tune, Tallahassee.

Billy Lee Riley has a country tune named Tallahassee.

In the emo/folk genre (is there such a thing), check out "Tallahassee" by Mark Bradlyn

The Mountain Goats did a Tallahassee album with a tune called "Southwood Plantation Road" on it. It's not my brand of bourbon but I'm told that some people like it. They also have a tune called Tallahassee.

Also in the rock genre, there's Sweet Tallahassee by Sool.

Bruce Cockburn has "King Kong Goes to Tallahassee".

Alternative band, the Hideous North, has "The Oriental Hooker and the Man from Tallahassee". For extra credit, which local politico does this tune seem to fit. No...don't answer here. Think about it and have a laugh.

The old (1930's) blues act, Spark Plug Slim and Tallahassee Tight, recorded "Tallahassee Women" which is a real nice tune and worth tracking down if you don't already have it.

A more contemporary blues act, Swamp Cabbage, has a tune called Tallahassee

In the classical genre, there's Tallahassee Suite Number 1, Bygone Memories by Jascha Heiftez.

I know I've missed a bunch of other tunes. Educate me.

:rolleyes: Wow I didn't know that there were so many tunes about Tallahassee. Thanks for the info.