Centennial Tower

eandslee

well for fun, I decided to try to show where it would fit into the skyline using paint.... I really suck lol but at least it gives you an idea....

Ha ha ha :rofl: I like it Coupe! Great effort! I wonder though how many floors high is the Verizon tower? If it is about 18 floors then these towers will probably just match it in height - not very "iconish" to me. They NEED to be taller!

• 2 weeks later...

Verizon is 23-floors.... I tried to make the centennial rendering proportional and give it 25-floors....... I think it would actually be much taller than what I did if it was 25- floors.....

Keep you day job, coupe!

:lol:

Hey isn't this suppose to be the month that we hear about the Market Report on Centennial Towers?

I think coupe is on top of this, Joey. He has sneaky, mysterious ways of getting information before it is generally released.

:lol:

well for fun, I decided to try to show where it would fit into the skyline using paint.... I really suck lol but at least it gives you an idea....

000_0074.jpg

Bwahaha! :rofl: I didn't know the billboard was an exact replica of the project. They're taking truth in advertising a bit too far nowadays. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

holy crap!!!! Joey was watching NBC12 and they said that the market report will be released next week...

They also said that Centennial Towers may rise as high as 50 floors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, they actually said it in the news story!

They are doing what appears to be surveying of the site.

1 more week till we find out the actual height!!!!!

This made my day!

:yahoo::yahoo:

This would make Centennial Towers the tallest BY FAR in Virginia, and allow Richmond to regain its title!!!!!!! I'm looking forward to this market report more than the turkey and stuffing!!!!!

As long as they break 501 feet, then yes they will be. We'll still hold the title for a few years though. :P And we still don't know about the Hilton.

exactly... it's not guaranteed yet. But it's still something to make people like myself excited and optimistic. We'll know more next week.

2 theories....

1. the developer opted to build 1 50-story tower instead of 2 25-story towers

2. the market report was that darn good and either 1 or both of the towers will rise as high as 50-stories

Also, the site for the development is to the west of all of downtown Richmond's towers. Richmond's downtown slopes slightly downward heading east. Therefore, since these will already be higher up, they will create one hell of a presence in the skyline!

1. the developer opted to build 1 50-story tower instead of 2 25-story towers

Ahh...Granby syndrome. That's exactly what I was thinking and it's highly likely considering they started out as one tower anyway.

2. the market report was that darn good and either 1 or both of the towers will rise as high as 50-stories

I really don't see both of them being that high. Even for Richmond that's an awful lot of condos in one project. That type of thing is rare even in Charlotte.

I really don't see both of them being that high. Even for Richmond that's an awful lot of condos in one project. That type of thing is rare even in Charlotte.

Keep in mind that the tower(s) will include a hotel, substantial office space, retail, and then condos, not just condos. It might not be that out of reach, though I'm probably leaning on theory number 1....

Keep in mind that the tower(s) will include a hotel, substantial office space, retail, and then condos, not just condos. It might not be that out of reach, though I'm probably leaning on theory number 1....

That seems the way things are going lately. Build hotels with condos and now even office space all in one package. I guess not such a bad idea especially in areas where real estate can be pricey.

Edited by guynvb