Centennial Tower

eandslee

Will were running out of land downtown all of our skyline is built out now its time for us to build up.Plus how would you know you all would be the first to get a tower that size.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We are out of land as well. We are having to tear things down to build and we have water all around us so we have to go up.

Coupe, old boy, you have a wonderful knack for digging up more details on projects :) The Goodstein site gave us a bit more info. But, you know, I think there are more than 5 20-story towers downtown.

1. CNB

2. Old 1st & Merchants at 9th & Main (if not 20, at least 19 early 20th century floors!)

3. The bldg across Main at 9th (another close one)

4. Sun Trust

5. Bank of America

6. The Monroe state bldg.

7. James Center one (close call)

8. James Center two (close call)

9. Dominion bldg at 8th and Cary (close call)

and 10: for sure the Fed Reserve.

Are there more? <_<

Some of those apartment buildings on West Franklin, including VCU residences, approach 20 floors. Then there are Omni Hotel, Residences at John Marshall, Verizon, 7th and Main, 7th and Franklin, the Ross Building, 8th and main, Crown Plaza, Lottery Building at 9th and Main, none of which quite reach 20, but they are pretty tall for Richmond. :)

Edited by burt

I'm just messing with you guys. I'm hoping that we at least will get that 40 story building the city wouldn't say if they were or weren't and they heavily avoided a deffinite answer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What 40-story building are you talking about Rus? The Hilton in Norfolk?

I can see where sticking a 50-story tower downtown would really shrink the impression of the skyline. It's density and size give it more height than it actually has I think.However, I don't think it would hurt the image of the city to have a gradual climb from new developments. If CEntennial came in at say, 30 stories I don't think it would look too bad.

Granby Tower in Norfolk has about 310 condos and comes in at 450 feet. So depending on rooflines onsight parking and retail space, it could indeed become the tallest tower in Richmond. Trouble is, I think it's simply in the EARLY planning stages. We don't really even know where they intend to build it. Judging by Riverpirates comments, Daniel seems intent on developing the Canal area. I doubt we'll hear anything until Vistas is well into construction...not to mention, they may be planning on building twins like Centennial is, which would shorten the height. I can see a new Tall tower going directly across the canal from Riverside adjacent to the Riverfront towers (only problem is alcoa is there at the moment). I could also see a new tall tower on the parking lot next to the fed reserve. I guess only time will tell but as all the news lately has shown, it's a great time to be a Richmonder :thumbsup:

Edited by wrldcoupe4

woah...hmm that's beyond me. I've never been able to do much for photo shop..... What I did was to go to the Downtown Map on RCW located here: http://richmondcitywatch.com/downtown_map.php

It's going on the southside of Main between 5th and 6th... I could try to experiment with photoshop but I'm sure I'll come up empty handed...

woah...hmm that's beyond me. I've never been able to do much for photo shop..... What I did was to go to the Downtown Map on RCW located here: http://richmondcitywatch.com/downtown_map.php

It's going on the southside of Main between 5th and 6th... I could try to experiment with photoshop but I'm sure I'll come up empty handed...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh wow, with that location, Centennial Towers is really going to look towering! When looking at the downtown skyline from Manchester (or the southside of the river), this project will really stick out. It's going to look like the Crowne Plaza Hotel had burst its roof open and grown the Centennial Towers...NICE! Thanks for the help of the visual, Coupe!

Article from Richmond.com about Centennial Towers

The market report should be finished by August. Every aspect of the project will be handled by companies with Richmond offices. Construction start in 2007 is because it will take 14-20 months to get all the paperwork and design done for the building. Man I hope this market report comes back strong! It will be close to a lot of renovated buildings that have condos/apartments (such as the John Marshall).

Article from Richmond.com about Centennial Towers

The market report should be finished by August. Every aspect of the project will be handled by companies with Richmond offices. Construction start in 2007 is because it will take 14-20 months to get all the paperwork and design done for the building. Man I hope this market report comes back strong! It will be close to a lot of renovated buildings that have condos/apartments (such as the John Marshall).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And don't forget M&R condos (maybe). I wish the old Eskimo Pie bldg at 6th and Main would be converted.

PS I cannot find "Richmond Projects and Construction Listing" that you have started (with my supposed help), nor can I find it on the HR menu. :lol:

If it's a LOCKED topic (which I don't know what means), how does one access it?

Edited by burt

And don't forget M&R condos (maybe).  I wish the old Eskimo Pie bldg at 6th and Main would be converted.

PS  I cannot find "Richmond Projects and Construction Listing" that you have started (with my supposed help), nor can I find it on the HR menu. :lol:

If it's a LOCKED topic (which I don't know what means), how does one access it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think he's still compiling the info. When a topic is locked you can still see it and access it you just can't post to it. It's a pretty big process and I know he started on it last night so just give him a little time and things will be up and running. :)

I think he's still compiling the info. When a topic is locked you can still see it and access it you just can't post to it. It's a pretty big process and I know he started on it last night so just give him a little time and things will be up and running.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks vdogg. But the HR one has been up for some time, hasn't it? Why can I not find it either? What do I look for on the HR menu? (Excuse my terminology, but I guess you know what I mean! :lol:

Thanks vdogg.  But the HR one has been up for some time, hasn't it?  Why can I not find it either?  What do I look for on the HR menu?  (Excuse my terminology, but I guess you know what I mean!  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can't find it? :huh: It's pinned at the top of the HR forum and is called "Hampton Roads Projects Listing". Here's a link. I put a yellow exclamation point by the thread to make it stand out from the rest. I hope the helps. Please let me know if you have anymore trouble finding it, I hope i didn't accidentally make it invisible :blink: .

Tadaaa! I found it, and a neat site it is! Now, after seeing your handy work, I think I know what Worldcoupe is trying to set up here. Just wish I were computer-savvy so I could help him; but I'm going to try, in my own way. Thanks. :lol:

Edited by burt