Centennial Tower

eandslee

We said it here before that construction would not begin anytime soon. That was the whole reason they lefy the corner building on 6th...for the sales office. Why would they leave it if they were going to build...it is not staying. We also said they did not have a final lending package backed. No surprises here...everything is falling into place. The only exception was the deal between "lawyers" in a bar that sold the building to Jemal...what ever happen to that :whistling:

An interesting thing I heard this week in regards to construction in general was from the meeting of the Chesterfield County Board of Supervisors.

They're financial guys were encouraging the board to go ahead and speed up the county's planned building projects because they're latest building projects are costing something like 60-65% of what they budgeted due to lower building supply costs.

I know where I work that caught our attention because we're in the process of planning an expansion of our physical facility and if we can build for $6 or $7million what would have cost $10million, well that's a lot easier to digest.

Maybe that'll extend to other projects like Centennial Tower, unless the funding problem is getting money at all.

I think the chamber would like a new building somewhere else and I think lawyers can unlock an historical lock on the n5th and cary property. the carriage house belongs to the 5th and cary.

This only leaves 501, 503,505 east main and the parking lot.

The whole block is needed. If Goodstein and Douglas aren't partners, then Douglas is waiting the buildings to

come down and then plans to take over the whole block. It's a monoply game in action!

What ever happen to this?

What ever happen to this?

The Lawyers purchasing from the lawyers on 5th and east carry dropped out of their purchase contract... I was told.

Does Douglas really own 6th and east Cary? It was said here once , but I think they confused this with 6th and east main (accross the street)

Yes, Douglas owns the building at the Northwest corner of 6th and Cary (as well as the Richmond Plaza building diagonally across the street). Douglas doesn't own the building at the Northwest corner of 6th and Main.

So the owners of the block are : 1. Goodstein

2. Douglas

3. Lawyer Johnson

4. Chamber

5. Bagby ( parking lot)

6. Bob Cole ( corner of 5th and main, 501 and 503 )

7. Nicole Fox lawyer, 505 east main.

Is this correct Coupe?

Could be used as parking for the sales office/model. Then dug up when they tear down the remaining building for construction....when they begin :thumbsup:

According to the demo company, the building for the sales office will remain. Centennial will be built on top of it. Can anyone verify this?

According to the demo company, the building for the sales office will remain. Centennial will be built on top of it. Can anyone verify this?

Are we to believe that those footings and steel structure were designed years ago to support a 30 story building? If we don't believe that, then "no", that building will not be incorporated into the new build. They were most likely told that to keep the rumors to a minimum.

To follow their logic of that building staying then they are filling in the hole from the demo cause when they build they are not going to excavate to build up. The building will sit on top of the ground and will not have a basement or subfloors... <_<

Edited by thatguy

Are we to believe that those footings and steel structure were designed years ago to support a 30 story building? If we don't believe that, then "no", that building will not be incorporated into the new build. They were most likely told that to keep the rumors to a minimum.

To follow their logic of that building staying then they are filling in the hole from the demo cause when they build they are not going to excavate to build up. The building will sit on top of the ground and will not have a basement or subfloors... <_<

Maybe the new structure will be canterlevered over the old one. But agreed -- not very likely.

Speaking of buildings without fouindations, an eleven or twelve story apartment tower on West Grace between Harrison and Ryland has none. I watched that building go up and remember thinking I wouldn't want to live there and jokingly bet my lady friend that it wouldn't last 10 years. That was in the 1970's, and I'm ashamed to say I didn't pay off my debt before she went on to glory.