Centennial Tower

eandslee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've heard a whole lot of nothing on the street regarding this lately...

Someone talked to Barbie Cox ... (the B of SB Cox ) He said " I hope we get paid." and he said. " I think the city was insisting that the demo take place."

since the city did so much work to disconnect the the utilities.

The building on the corner of 5th street was shaken during the demo and cracks appeared. The owner is not happy.

Someone talked to Barbie Cox ... (the B of SB Cox ) He said " I hope we get paid." and he said. " I think the city was insisting that the demo take place."

since the city did so much work to disconnect the the utilities.

The building on the corner of 5th street was shaken during the demo and cracks appeared. The owner is not happy.

I heard the same thing about "damage". I also found it interesting that it was to the building that was the furthest away and the ones closer had NO damage. Not to mention that the demo done to separate the buildings was done by hand. Once they were separated, then the equipment was used. Then consider this was a guy who was very demanding about the project and was holding out for more money and he has the building furthest away. If the others do not sell, Centennial was never going to buy his. I think it is sour grapes on his part and he is still looking for some "payday".

I heard the same thing about "damage". I also found it interesting that it was to the building that was the furthest away and the ones closer had NO damage. Not to mention that the demo done to separate the buildings was done by hand. Once they were separated, then the equipment was used. Then consider this was a guy who was very demanding about the project and was holding out for more money and he has the building furthest away. If the others do not sell, Centennial was never going to buy his. I think it is sour grapes on his part and he is still looking for some "payday".

Sounds like that. I think he is looking for a big payday !

• 2 weeks later...

Could they possible be vying to team up with the city/state to build the tax department on the 5th street block?

The State is not building a new structure for the Tax Department. They are buying Main Streeet Center at 6th and Main and the Tax Division will occupy that space. Verizon (the present prime tenant) will move to 7th and Grace (the old C&P Tel building).

The State is not building a new structure for the Tax Department. They are buying Main Streeet Center at 6th and Main and the Tax Division will occupy that space. Verizon (the present prime tenant) will move to 7th and Grace (the old C&P Tel building).

:offtopic:

Are going to buy the building or lease space? There are many other tenants in that building including the Federal Government.

Main Street Centre is owned by Brandywine Realty.

:offtopic:

Are going to buy the building or lease space? There are many other tenants in that building including the Federal Government.

Main Street Centre is owned by Brandywine Realty.

The State is going to buy it. But maybe they will lease space to some of the present tenants.

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.apx.-co...04-24-0174.html

Edited by burt