Centennial Tower

eandslee

Do I have to spell out everything? Yes that too, but it doesn't have to be a New York skyscraper.

If the market allows, then why not? More critical mass means more retail in Downtown.

A gigantic skyscraper does not necessarily mean a "box".

Besides, have you been to Manhattan recently?

Edited by Shakman

Cam I think if you think about it the taller and skinnier the building is it wont look like a box. I mean do you honestly think if we were to have something taller than the Monroe Tower which is 137 Meters would actually be a box? I mean I know most buildings at 137 Meters is at least 30 floors but not the monroe but I seriously dont think if we were to have a few tall skinny buildings then they wouldnt look like a box and usually the less floors the more of a box it will look like and the fatter it looks the more boxy it will look. So if you dont want anything taller than all your gonna get is boxes. Im sorry but its the truth.

If the market allows, then why not? More critical mass means more retail in Downtown.

A gigantic skyscraper does not neccessarily mean a "box".

Besides, have you been to Manhattan recently?

The market does not allow. Otherwise we would be talking how fast they are building Centennial, versus talking about when they are oing to build.

Centennial Tower may be kaput or delayed, but Ryan Ramsey has just posted the following on RCW including renderings:

Pinnacle Place

501 E. Main

17 or 27 stories depending on demand

180' to 280' depending on floors

Architect: Patrick Zampetti, AIA NCARB

Studio E Architecture

The skinny structure would rise above the corner storefront on the south side of Main at 5th adjacent to the Centennial Tower plot. It is to be a mixed use office, retail and residential tower.

Check out TBurban's new Proposed Pinnacle Place thread for renderings.

There's a new 45 story building here in Manhattan on 8th Avenue at about 49th that is on a 28 foot wide plat, so 27 stories on a slightly wider spot in Richmond is certainly doable.

Also, the facade of the corner building will be replicated as the first two floors of Pinnacle Place.

Ryan says in one of his entries that it will be separated from Centennial by only 18 feet.

Maybe this thread should be retitled Centennial Tower and Pinnacle Place. :thumbsup:

Edited by burt

The Pinnacle Place mystery deepens. It seems that the Studio Z group has recently moved into re-done professional office suites at 501-503 East Main. It could be presumed that the low-rise store fronts beside the proposed tower at 501 would remain.

Also, Goodstein has his hand in this. His Presidential Club has connections to Studio Z. And there are one or two other references to Goodstein.

Check out the web site and read the final paragraphs under "News":

http://studiozonline.com/

Edited by burt

The Pinnacle Place mystery deepens. It seems that the Studio Z group has recently moved into re-done professional office suites at 501-503 East Main. It could be presumed that the low-rise store fronts beside the proposed tower at 501 would remain.

Also, Goodstein has his hand in this. His Presidential Club has connections to Studio Z. And there are one or two other references to Goodstein.

Check out the web site and read the final paragraphs under "News":

http://studiozonline.com/

Studio Z is located at 1011 E Main street... they did a project above Bob Cole's salon where they created a small office suites concept on the second floor.

• 1 month later...

I just went by the project and noticed that the project's billboards have been altered. Looks like someone intentionally spry painted over certain words on all the info boards. I think it was the part describing how many sqf of office, condos etc. Can anyone remember what was painted over?

Not a good sign regardless. Although at this point we all have written this one off....for now.

I just went by the project and noticed that the project's billboards have been altered. Looks like someone intentionally spry painted over certain words on all the info boards. I think it was the part describing how many sqf of office, condos etc. Can anyone remember what was painted over?

Not a good sign regardless. Although at this point we all have written this one off....for now.

It was the portion giving contact info for Keller Williams, who was supposed to be doing condo sales. It's been painted over for a couple months now.

• 3 weeks later...

Well if Centennial is dead alltogether and they have already demolished the buildings in place of them what else would you think would go there? If anything did go there it would probably be years untill it happened? Thats why I hate stuff like this. You do demo then the project gets screwed over and then you end up with completly nothing for years.

Edited by Downtowner

Granted, if the market was any different and the same with the lending community, something would be built by somebody. However, given the current environment, that property will sit empty for a while. I'd be curious what the asking price for the property is? Are they asking too much since they have spent a "boat load" on it already?