Centennial Tower

eandslee

1 hour ago, georgeglass said:

There was talk a few years ago of something like a 9 story building going there. It was around the same time the Centennial building on the corner where Chicano's is was being redeveloped. I can try and find the article.

That's this article from BizSense in 2016. It was linked on the development map under a completed project "The Centennial (Phase 1)".

In the description I pasted the excerpt that would match the rendering posted a page back:

"The second phase includes construction of an eight-story building on an adjacent lot along Sixth Street.

That building – two stories higher than originally planned – will consist of 84 apartments above parking on the ground level, as well as 2,500 square feet of retail. That’s an increase from initial plans for 50 units and 2,000 square feet of retail above two levels of parking."

I count 8 floors on the rendering. I wonder what happened with the second phase that it just kind of slipped away. Wonder if it's still planned or effectively cancelled.

Edited by RVA-Is-The-Best
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Disappointing considering that the Richmond market is hot again. Maybe not something as tall as 22 stories, but something more than six would have been nice.  Anyway, there’s still more time for them to change their minds. No firm construction date yet (just sometime next year).

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, eandslee said:

Disappointing considering that the Richmond market is hot again. Maybe not something as tall as 22 stories, but something more than six would have been nice.  Anyway, there’s still more time for them to change their minds. No firm construction date yet (just sometime next year).

Truth be told, they can have that slot.  However, I do wish they proceed with there original plan.  But we have so many lots available in this city for future towers (if if ever comes), it's insane.

• Like 2