Proposed: Jefferson Square

wrldcoupe4

here we go....we finally know what will be happening on this block, while there is no rendering, I dare say we may have another highrise mixed use on our hands!!!!

Bordered by 3rd Street, 4th Street, Cary Street and Main Street, Bow Tie Partners' newest development site occupies approximately 2 acres of prime downtown property. It's location between the centers of downtown Richmond and Virginia Commonwealth University make it an ideal spot for a new urban mixed use development.

Bow Tie Partners is currently planning a large scale mixed use development which would include multi-family housing, first class retail space and a Bow Tie Cinema.

BowTie Richmond

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am just elated from hearing all of this good news all of a sudden...You're right, downtown is back and this all proves it. Oh, the news of the future can only get better! I love this place! I can't wait to see a rendering of this place though...I'll be looking for the release as soon as it comes out. There's still the development that the Charlotte guy wants to do too. We haven't heard anything about what he wants to do with the land he just purchased in downtown Richmond. Stay tuned....

burt, as this company has its flagship property in times square, do you know anything about them>?

Here's a description of their first-run movie theater in New Haven:

"The centerpiece of Temple Square, Criterion Cinemas ushers in a new era in the presentation of first run art films in the city of New Haven.

Criterion Cinemas' unique blend of luxury, state-of-the-art film presentation including Dolby Digital sound in every auditorium, dazzling glass marquee, stunning lobby, premium beer and wine bar and specially designed comfortable theater seating sets a new standard for the cinema going experience. Criterion Cinemas does not exhibit any paid commercial advertising before any feature presentations!

Criterion Cinemas is designed to continue the tradition of style, luxury and elegance started by B. S. Moss at the original Criterion Theater in Times Square, known at its 1936 opening as "The Theater of Tomorrow"."

I'll try to find out about Bow Tie's flagship in Times Square. Off the top of my head, I can't even guess. There are new towers on about every corner in the area and of course several cinema complexes (Loew's and AMC).

I well remember the Criterion on B'way between 44th and 45th. It used to have the full block Camel cigarette sign with a man blowing smoke rings.

hahahaha.  Maybe the TD looks to us for stories. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl: We're constantly breaking stories before the pilot does. One of their reporters is even signed up and has linked to us in his articles (hmm.. maybe we have some TD reporters now too :huh: ). I guess we're kinda like the "associated press" of development. :)

hahaha it would be pretty funny if that was the case here.

btw burt, if you get a chance to go to timesquare and check out bowties flagship property, this is what it looks like:

Bow-Tie-Building-North.gif

Bow-Tie-Building-South.gif

LIke i said, it has the ToysRUs flagship, as well as for Swatch and footlocker...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe some of the Charlotte forumers would know, but I saw an article saying:

"A Bow Tie affiliate company, Bow Tie Cinemas, which owns and operates a circuit of deluxe, first-run cinemas, appears to be the likely operator of a movie house in Afshin Ghazi's complex, which will also include a 53-story condo tower, according to sources familiar with negotiations."

Bow-tie eyes epicentre

Bow-tie has plans for a large mixed-use project in Richmond... Ghazi is looking to do a project in Richmond. Why not team up, giving Richmond a smaller version of a project like the Epicentre in Charlotte????

Now that would be cool!

No news yet from Bow Tie Partners. Called today and talked to a nice lady named Marcella who said that she didn't have information but that I should talk to Mr. Ben Moss. I've tried to reach him several times today, but he is out of the office. I'll try again tomorrow.

No news yet from Bow Tie Partners. Called today and talked to a nice lady named Marcella who said that she didn't have information but that I should talk to Mr. Ben Moss. I've tried to reach him several times today, but he is out of the office. I'll try again tomorrow.

Way to go, BURT! Just don't give up! Be persistant! I think we can get some good information here! Let us know anything you find out!

Guess what? CHARLIE Moss just called and said he and his partner wanted to thank me for my "gracious call". He really was quite nice, but said that their plans for Richmond were not yet formulated and when I pressed about a cinema and whether or not there would be high rise residential and commercial he replied that he could not comment at this time. I mentioned Goodstein's project which he knew about and he said several times how great a city they consider Richmond to be. Knowing of their New Haven connection, I told him about Toad's Place and he was surprised to hear of it. He asked where it was to be located and when I said on the canal", he asked if the site was "near the Slip"and wanted details about it.

So it was a pleasant and civilized conversation, but it offerered no details.

Archived