Proposed: Jefferson Square

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, at the top of every thread on the left hand side you will see a box that say how many pages there are in that particular thread (this thread now says 5 pages). Anyway, beside the word pages there is an downward arrow. Click on that and you can enter a page number and jump to any page in between. Of course, you will still have to look for whatever you are searching for but hopefully this will get you closer to your posting. Hope this helps!

Thanks, Guy. You've taught me something. That helps a lot! :)

• 2 months later...

I think I've figured it out....

Go to www.bowtiepartners.com

under cinemas you'll see some called "MovieLand."

The style article mentioned that the tentative name for the theater is MovieLand. Therefore, putting two and two together, the cinema is a bow-tie cinema, but I don't think they are spearheading the development. I'm pretty sure they are in charge of the downtown project, which may contain a Criterion cinema, their other theater concept.

I think I've figured it out....

Go to www.bowtiepartners.com

under cinemas you'll see some called "MovieLand."

The style article mentioned that the tentative name for the theater is MovieLand. Therefore, putting two and two together, the cinema is a bow-tie cinema, but I don't think they are spearheading the development. I'm pretty sure they are in charge of the downtown project, which may contain a Criterion cinema, their other theater concept.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Coupe. 12 News totally threw me off this morning when they said Bow Tie is doing the Boulevard and Jefferson Square. So one's a MovieLand and the other Criterion?

No problem... I'm not positive that the theater downtown will be a Criterion, but it seems like a better fit IMO.

If you had bigger balls than I, you could call bow-tie's office in New York and ask about either development :lol:

I'd like to know when Jefferson Square will take off and I wouldn't mind a rendering either

No problem... I'm not positive that the theater downtown will be a Criterion, but it seems like a better fit IMO.

If you had bigger balls than I, you could call bow-tie's office in New York and ask about either development :lol:

I'd like to know when Jefferson Square will take off and I wouldn't mind a rendering either

Haha! Im pretty anxious as well, but I think Im gunna hold off on calling, until I gain enough courage to pick up the phone :lol:

Why do you need courage to call someone in another state about development? Just call them and find out.

I just got off the phone. At first it's this voice-over and then it gives you extensions. I dialed 105 I beleive for Charles Moss. He said they have no further information on Jefferson Square. When I asked about it, he almost sounded like he didnt even know what it was. Aw well, I guess we'll just have to wait......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got off the phone. At first it's this voice-over and then it gives you extensions. I dialed 105 I beleive for Charles Moss. He said they have no further information on Jefferson Square. When I asked about it, he almost sounded like he didnt even know what it was. Aw well, I guess we'll just have to wait......

Hahahaha, Tommy. A couple of months ago, at our fearless leader's urging, I picked up the phone here in Manhattan and called the Moss line. Fortunately, I got a charming woman, Marcella, who put me at ease, but she really provided no new information. I was sweating with trepedation, but at least I did what the leader had ordered. :rofl:

Coupe, I think you are right about Criterion and Movieland. Jefferson Square, a Moss-owned entity, and Movieland on The Boulevard as a participating partner in a larger multi-owner development.

Let's hope we get them both. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

The Times Dispatch video about VCU's Monroe Campus features speakers touting the project and saying that build-out will be in about 5 years.

I suspect that Bow Tie is in no rush to develop Jefferrson Square til there's a certainty of VCU and the neighborhood (pardon me, Cam. lol:) creating a critical mass.

Burt I wish you knew how to link so I could see this video :lol:

:lol: I can't believe I'm telling YOU how to find something!

Go to Timesdispatch.com, then hit Metro & Virginia on the left hand menu. Then scroll down on the right til you see Weekly Video. The first story is about VCU. And there are others you might find interesting.

Let me know if my directions are correct. :)

:lol: I can't believe I'm telling YOU how to find something!

Go to Timesdispatch.com, then hit Metro & Virginia on the left hand menu. Then scroll down on the right til you see Weekly Video. The first story is about VCU. And there are others you might find interesting.

Let me know if my directions are correct. :)

Here it is linked. It's on this page but near the middle right hand side of the page - says "More Multimedia". The first video is the one:

video page

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In response to my e-mail inquiry relating to Boulevard AND Jefferson Squares dated 10/25/07, BowTie rep Joseph Masher says: "...Our Richmond plans are ambitious, but are not yet announced. Stay tuned for public announcements--I think you'll be pleased."

:) I'm willing to wait a while longer.

Archived