Proposed: Jefferson Square

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope these photos of demolition is a good indicator of the start of the building of this project. I'm tired of waiting and boy has this project been kept quiet! I'd like to at least see a rendering soon! I certainly hope they don't stop working on this site after this building is demolished...start building UP! :w00t:

I'm really hoping that there is some height to this project....I think if there was though, we'd have heard about it by now. Even a mid-rise or small high-rise would be fine with me on this block.

Standing back and looking at it though, it's an entire city block.... A huge parcel to develop.

• 1 month later...

Coupe News Service has a Special Bulletin!!! Hasn't been reported anywhere else in Richmond!

The Bow-tie Block is to be called Jefferson Square

Here's the flyer for it!

Jeff%20Sq%20Flyer.jpg

The only discrepency is the where the location has been pointed out in yellow on the bird's eye view. Their property is actually the next block east :lol: Well VCU doesn't have 43,000 students either, but hey, at least we have something more than a couple sentences on their website! And yes, plans still include a Criterion Cinema (movie theater), the first to be downtown in decades.

I'm not even posting this on RCW yet.

Guy, if you could rename this Jefferson Square, it would be great!

:yahoo:

Great scoop for the C/N/S. I had it on my list for you to inquire about Thursday.

I like the aerial, but how could they not recognize their own boundaries! :lol: Not only do they pinpoint it in the photo as between 2nd and 3rd, but they also highlight only half a block! Incidentally, as good as the foto is, it's not totally up-to-date because the gas station and office building on the tract are visible eventhough they have been demolished.

OT, but please check progress on the John Marshall on Thursday as well as the shops on Grace west of Berry Burk.

It's good to finally see some action from Bow Tie. Do you have other announcements from them since you are reassuring us about the cinema complex? True, they are mentioned but in no detail.

Jefferson Square. Mmmmm. Yes, it has a nice ring to it!

:)

I'd gladly send an e-mail, but I can't find an email address to send an email to! I remember when I could find it, it never worked....

Well, I'm going to screw up my courage and give Charlie a call and tell him about the discrepancy - that is if I can reach him. brb.

:lol: wow burt! You gett'm tiger. good luck!

Well, couldn't reach either Ben or Charlie, but did talk to the delightful Marcella. I told her about the discrepancy and praised the attractiveness of the flyer. She was so grateful that I brought it to her attention and said that she would look at the website immediately. She couldn't have been nicer or more pleasant and genuinely appreciated being told about it.

But my courage flagged at that point and I didn't have the chutzpah to ask any questions. :blink:

Theres a couple of pictures of what other Criterion Theatres look like on their website. They look really nice! I hope they make Richmond as nice and as unique as the others.

Maybe we'll have to start talking about movie theatres on your Events thread, Tommy. :) Meanwhile, why don't you post the bowtie link again so we don't have to back track several pages to find it?

I asked once before if there were a way to get to a page in a big thread because there are usually big gaps between, say page 1 and page 45? But nobody has offered a solution.

Guy. Do you have an answer? Remember how long it took me to find my list of performing halls? I finally found it buried on page 32 of a particular thread. :dontknow:

In this day and age, I think there ought to be a fast way to access a posting buried deep in a thread or topic. Coupe offered to do something similar on my Dining Out subject, but I have a notion it would take someone a lot sharper than I to assist him. You youngsters should know the ropes. LOL

Maybe we'll have to start talking about movie theatres on your Events thread, Tommy. :) Meanwhile, why don't you post the bowtie link again so we don't have to back track several pages to find it?

I asked once before if there were a way to get to a page in a big thread because there are usually big gaps between, say page 1 and page 45? But nobody has offered a solution.

Guy. Do you have an answer? Remember how long it took me to find my list of performing halls? I finally found it buried on page 32 of a particular thread. :dontknow:

In this day and age, I think there ought to be a fast way to access a posting buried deep in a thread or topic. Coupe offered to do something similar on my Dining Out subject, but I have a notion it would take someone a lot sharper than I to assist him. You youngsters should know the ropes. LOL

Well, at the top of every thread on the left hand side you will see a box that say how many pages there are in that particular thread (this thread now says 5 pages). Anyway, beside the word pages there is an downward arrow. Click on that and you can enter a page number and jump to any page in between. Of course, you will still have to look for whatever you are searching for but hopefully this will get you closer to your posting. Hope this helps!

Archived