IN PROGRESS: The Lofts at the Strand

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think 100 bucks a month is a lot to add to all of the expenses, especially when the rent down there isn't cheap. But as mentioned, that will change soon.

I hope some more of these mid-range condos start to pop up downtown. It could work out for the best, even though the Strand is sold out, we'll be able to see how it does, what people think of it, etc. Kindof an experiment..

I'll be going downtown tonight for sure, it should be fun with everything going on.

I will see what I can do.  But like I said, the units are gone.  Unless someone backs out on the deal.  Seth Sharpiro did say he'd call us if anyone backs out.  If I hear, I will most certainly let you know.  I'll post here first.  Also, next time he speaks with one of them, I'll ask if it's okay to pass along their number.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you so much. PM me if need be :)

Peerless will have 68 spots under the building when they are done and then in a year or so the Grant building will have space for all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I forgot that Peerless would have parking, I remember seeing the garage renderings on the Cornish site.

• 5 months later...

Per Craigslist units #201 and 301 are available - $150k a piece

http://providence.craigslist.org/rfs/126254012.html

http://www.strandlofts.com

Let's see, you posted at 12:29... so it was sold 15 minutes ago. :lol:

Check out the rendering on the Strand site. The building is going to look real good. The Sierra Suites people should look here to see how an urban building in Providence should look. And to think, they're doing all this and creating highly affordable units!

The Strand site says only 301 is available. Looks like these are the least attractive units, they share a wall with the theatre (all the others are seperated from the theatre by the corridor). And they are studio units with a support column oddly set in the middle of the room. Everything else is one bed, and seems to have addressed the support columns better.

• 1 month later...

there is a unit on craigslist available for rent - $1100.

Linky goodness

Note I am not assoicated with The Strand or this realtor so I don't think this violates the ground rules.

what is interesting is how quickly even "affordable housing" becomes pretty unaffordable. Once you add in all the condo fees and taxes even what looks like an attractive mortgage option ends up in the low four figures pretty quickly. and since most people still need cars, that's another $150-$200 per month. yikes. Good as a live/work space I guess but the size isn't that big.

:rofl:

I like this part: "gorgeous city views"

Then look at this photo:

y3TwPynnTRVLO7aEnQBylDaoYXx9.jpg

What's that I see, a parking garage out your window. I wouldn't mind living here, but don't try telling me it has gorgeous city views.

:rofl:

I like this part: "gorgeous city views"

Then look at this photo:

y3TwPynnTRVLO7aEnQBylDaoYXx9.jpg

What's that I see, a parking garage out your window. I wouldn't mind living here, but don't try telling me it has gorgeous city views.

Hmm, I see why they sold em' so cheap...

still think they were a good deal, and it is nice there were some moderately priced units built down there...

Hmm, I see why they sold em' so cheap...

The ones on the Washington Street side should have nice 'views' of the Shepards Building and the other nice architecture on that end of Washington. But I don't really think 'views' can be used as a selling point on second story units.

• 1 month later...

Archived