Quarters Apts. converting to Condos

smeagolsfree

The Tennessean had an article in todays paper that the Quarters Apts. on 2nd ave. are going to convert to condos. It seems as if there are only going to be a few rentals complexes downtown or for that mater in the West End area. Is there any hope for any large apt. buildings being built downtown because of the cost. Just throwing this out to see what your comments are.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard to say. Of course, the Stahlam with 170 units or so will be rental, but as the article said, with land costs being so expensive, they would have to go high-rise to get the density they'd need to make money. I'd guess that as the condo market defines itself and downtown becomes a residential destination, more apartments will follow. Perhaps these wouldn't be in the main downtown core, but I can sure see them popping up between downtown and Germatown on the northside.

It's hard to say. Of course, the Stahlam with 170 units or so will be rental, but as the article said, with land costs being so expensive, they would have to go high-rise to get the density they'd need to make money. I'd guess that as the condo market defines itself and downtown becomes a residential destination, more apartments will follow. Perhaps these wouldn't be in the main downtown core, but I can sure see them popping up between downtown and Germatown on the northside.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tear down Metro Manor. That would be a prime spot for a real high-rise apartment building.

I know Dave would be happy to see the old Metro go. :)

Archived