Lansing,MI Panoramas

RustTown

Here are some pans I've taken of the Lansing skyline over the past two years. My photography skills leave much to be desired, and my camera sucks, but I don't think many on here have seen these:

O Holy Night - December 3rd, 2003

71lansing_night_pan.jpg

Clear Night - June 24th, 2004

71lansing_pan.jpg

Near Eastside - July 19th, 2004

71eastside.jpg

Looking southwest - July 19th, 2004

71prudden_plant_pan.jpg

Near Eastside again - September 5th, 2004

71near_east_side_pan.jpg

Capitol Complex - October 30th, 2004

71capitol_complex_pan.jpg

Sunrise - October 31st, 2004

71lansing_morning_panorama.jpg

Random downtown scene - November 21st, 2004

71pan_church_2.jpg

Future site of Stadium District - December 27th, 2004

71massive_pan.jpg

Snow View (not really a pan...) - January 9th, 2005

71snow_pan.jpg

Night Lights - January 7th, 2005

71lansing_night_pan_2.jpg

Industrial Pan - Febuary 5th, 2005

71eastside_pan.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a nice collection! I like the one taken on Nov. 21st the best. The one taken on Halloween comes in a close second. I thought I had seen all of your panos, but I was pleasantly surprised.

BTW, your camera might look "special" (if you know what I mean :lol:), but it takes some good pics!

Yeah, I guess I like the Nov. 21st one because it doesn't look "Michigan". I think the dark browns go well with the gloomy-looking weather, too.

I keep saying I need to get down to Lansing, but these gas prices are killing me. There was a gas scare the other day and the local gas stations were going to raise their prices to $3/gallon. It almost made me consider moving back to NYC just so I can be car-free...

Yeah, I guess I like the Nov. 21st one because it doesn't look "Michigan". I think the dark browns go well with the gloomy-looking weather, too.

I keep saying I need to get down to Lansing, but these gas prices are killing me. There was a gas scare the other day and the local gas stations were going to raise their prices to $3/gallon. It almost made me consider moving back to NYC just so I can be car-free...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, the fact that I'm driving down to Detroit twice a week makes me love my job more and more.

I like "Night Lights," although it's a little fuzzy, I like night shots. Where did you take "Snow View" from.

Also, this is my first time posting on this site, it looks very interesting and I plan on becoming a regular. And how do you link photos?

Hey, Hood. This is criticalthinker from the LansingSucks website. Small world.

Anyway, I took the "Snow View" photo at the field at the end of Orchard Street which is at the very edge of what is becoming East Village and just north of Sparrow and Eastern. I'm not sure, but I think this is where Eastern plays it's baseball games.

To link photos you have to put this code:

>

Archived