The Pig @ Forest Square

GSP Tiger

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting I suppose. Where is Carolina Forest?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is along US 501 to be more exact.

The worst Piggly Wiggly I have seen is up in Ware Shoals. It is highly reminiscent of your 1950's supermarket at the time. There are about seven to eight narrow aisles, the coolers for dairy, meat, frozen foods, and produce malfunction, the registers have ancient technology, and the service is horrible. This is why the store has shut down a few times already. The closest alternative in either direction is a BiLo in Honea Path or Montague Avenue in Greenwood.

It is along US 501 to be more exact.

The worst Piggly Wiggly I have seen is up in Ware Shoals.  It is highly reminiscent of your 1950's supermarket at the time.  There are about seven to eight narrow aisles, the coolers for dairy, meat, frozen foods, and produce malfunction, the registers have ancient technology, and the service is horrible.  This is why the store has shut down a few times already.  The closest alternative in either direction is a BiLo in Honea Path or Montague Avenue in Greenwood.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you think that's bad, try going to Piggly Wiggly in Summerton (Clarendon County). They don't have automatic doors nor do they have scanners at their registers. The cashiers have to physically type the price of each product into their registers (and that can be a lot of typing when it comes to groceries).

Alot of stores when I was growing up did not have them. They just had the metalic and sloped countertop things. Conveyors aren't really a necessary thing. Ingles has it set up to where you pull you card directly up to the register- no unloading at all :)

I have not seen any Food Lions with conveyor belts yet, but usually theirs, Ingle's, and The Fresh Market checkstands are the same. Harris Teeter and some newer Bi-Lo stores have the checkstands to pull the cart up, unload items to scan, and down the conveyor belt. I really loved those checkstands when Harris Teeter were here, but the tradition contines at Bi-Lo.

In some of their older stores in Florida, Publix has a circular platform that spins counterclockwise. It is automatic like a conveyor belt.

I love those  :D I wish they were still standard.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I recall one of their West Palm Beach, FL stores, the Greenacres area, had those. That was over 11 years ago when I saw them, but I do not know if they still exist. I wished I had photographs showing them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard that Piggly Wiggly (in Carolina Forest) may pull out of the complex because the management company will not let them know of any more anchors that are going in next to it. Something tells me that if they aren't telling what their anchors are, they probably don't have any.

Anyone think Carolina Forest Blvd. needs to be widened?

Archived