Rowe's Supermarkets Concept and Opening Dates

JaxNole

From Jacksonville.com

This sounds interesting. I like the concept of a no frills niche supermarket on a large scale, but I'm not sure the stores are consistent with the neighborhood demographics. Harris Teeter unfortunately withdrew from Mandarin and I'm sure they thoroughly studied the area when considering doing business in the area. At any rate, I'm about 10-15 minutes away from two future Rowe's locations, so I will visit both of them and hope the market supports it. It would be great to have a Jacksonville area success story now that Winn-Dixie's position has weakened.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hell? I was looking forward to checking out this new supermarket, since I live within walking distance of the San Jose Albertsons. However, I'm stunned to hear that they are leasing the store to Publix instead.

There's a Publix ACROSS THE STREET from that location ... I guess they are planning on shutting it down.

I can't find the article, but I think it was Jacksonville.com that stated Publix will be moving to the Albertson's because it is newer, bigger and will allow them to introduce a liquor concept. Anyone else read this?

I can't find the article, but I think it was Jacksonville.com that stated Publix will be moving to the Albertson's because it is newer, bigger and will allow them to introduce a liquor concept.  Anyone else read this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

^ I guess that sounds about right ... since they stopped actually cleaning the crown point publix about 6 months ago. It's become dirtier than the downtown Winn-Dixie. It had almost seemed like they were trying to run away customers to the one down the road. Apparently they were.

^ I guess that sounds about right ... since they stopped actually cleaning the crown point publix about 6 months ago. It's become dirtier than the downtown Winn-Dixie. It had almost seemed like they were trying to run away customers to the one down the road. Apparently they were.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe they let the condition deteriorate so Winn-Dixie or Premier Foods could take over. :P

Archived