greenville commercial

g-man430

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Greenville was more of a tourist location, yes. All the commercials I have seen for Orlando, Myrtle Beach, and Atlanta features well known sports teams, theme parks, scenic sites, and historical centers. If Greenville can get some major attractions over the next few years, then I would heavily favor a commercial.

Seems Greenville could do this commercial and gear it toward a "Gateway to the Mounatins" theme.....you know, stop a couple of nights on the way to the mountains.....enjoy our great downtown! One thing for sure, downtown Greenville photographs VERY WELL. Remember when Jack in the Box started and had the commercials filmed around downtown....Greenville is VERY photogenic. The amount of tourism in Greenville is on the rise, anything to get Greenville's name out and get more tourist, I support.

i think greenville should make a tv commercial to attract tourists like other cities have done.  does anybody agree with me on this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes...but nothing cheezy. :lol:

I agre with the "Gateway to the Blue Ridge" theme, also touting Falls Park, the Liberty Bridge, the Peace Center, our Festivals, Downtown, Kayaking, BMW's Visitor's Center, etc.

Maybe even something about "On the way to Asheville, Cherokee, Gatlinburg, and the Blue Ridge Mountains..."

If ONLY I-385 continued on up to meet I-26 in Hendersonville and were actually called I-26W and I-26 were I-26E (like I-35 in Dallas/Ft. Worth and Minneapolis/St. Paul)... :w00t:

A TV commercial is something I've thought as highly necessary in recent years. It need not be aired locally, because most people in the area know enough about the City to enjoy it - though it probably should.

I strongly disagree with using the slant that visitors should stop here on their way to the mountains, Asheville, Tennesee, and etc. A television commercial of downtown Greenville (or the City of Greenville as a whole) should show Greenville as a destination, a place to come as a visitor, but stay as a resident. It should show-off what makes Greenville unique and why people love to live here. The highlights should include; dining, shopping, hotels, galleries, museums, theatres, sports, parks, churches, corporate businesses, schools, landmarks, and the perspectives of different people living here. It should make so strong a case for visiting Greenville, that at the very least, people will become intrigued enough to warrant the journey here. :thumbsup:

On this same topic, Envision Group has created an interactive DVD for GADC, for distribution to companies and individuals all over the Country/World. This DVD highlights the strengths of Greenville in a way that is intended to attract the interest of corporations and help encourage them to move or expand here. :)

Their website is HERE.

I agree with you, Skyliner. Greenville doesn't need to lower itself to saying, "Stop here as you're passing through." Greenville is worthy of being a destination for people. The city has a lot to offer - dining, the arts, shopping, and yes, even access to the mountains. If Greenville truly wants to become a world class city that people are familiar with, it has to tap into the tourism market. We need things that people associate with our city and find interesting enough to come see in person - then they can see everything else we have to offer. The Reedy River projects, like Falls Park, are a great start.

I have noticed a great variance in state/city tourism commercials. The one I dislike more than any other is South Dakota's. The video consists of Mount Rushmore, pictures of other mountains, a few images of Native Americans, and a group of people at a state fair or something. It looks incredibly boring, and does nothing to make me want to visit South Dakota. The thing is, the "outdoors" is all they really have to offer. I suppose some people consider that a reason to visit, but I am not that outdoorsy so perhaps that is the problem. I would have liked to see more of the varied things they have to offer. Where could I go to catch a theatre production? What unique things could I see in SD? Those sorts of things.

If Greenville ever makes a commercial, I truly hope it is classy and progressive and not "hey, come to our town with Southern charm and a cool main street." I think our biggest obstacle is convincing people that Greenville isn't a small, ultra-conservative "Southern" city with nothing to offer but access to the mountains and a few restaurants.

Wasn't there a local greenville commercial last year? I can't remember the slogan, but it was meant to draw locals to town.

Was it "live it up Greenville"? I can still picture the yellow & red banners downtown. Who knows, the banners may still be there and I stopped noticing.

The earshot store opening Downtown brings this one to mind...

Greenville is starting to develop quite a music scene. Whether your prference is for classical music, jazz, country western, or rock, there's always something to your liking on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays in Downtown Greenville.

This is something that Greenville could tout...we could focus on promoting our image as a place with a great live music scene somewhat as did Austin, Texas.

Archived