Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

torgo

Icon on Bond

Does anyone know what the status is of that project? Have they decided to add some concertina wire (to add to the inviting atmosphere of a blank wall :angry: ) to the top of those absurd walls that will face the street? I thought he was supposed to start building last month, but the site is still sitting vacant and full of weeds

I just gotta say that after looking at the 3d model on the site i think its crap of a design. It reminds me of something I would see out of Grandville, or even in the "fake downtown" of River Town Crossing Mall...

I know! There appears to be no detail to anything, no architecture style; its just a box with windows. But what really irks me most of all are those blank walls at street level...that is so awful it is just staggering. I don't know how he got that past the city. I would think that someone would have had made him change that. Man I can't wait till the city adopts a new zoning code...

I don't think so. If they use it to implement the 2002 master plan (which they are) it will help A LOT. And I think that there is so much $$ involved in downtown development that simple addtions to the code, such as requiring windows on the ground floor and no blank walls, and building out to the sidewalk won't have a detrimental effect with regard to development. Many of those requirements already exist, for example, in a 'planned redevelopment district'

no prob...I got that date from an email inquiry into the real estate agent who is trying to sell those units.

Construction to start on August 1..."expected" finish Aug 2006.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. Despite my initial skepticism about river house based on some inside information, he sure does seem to be moving forward and I'm glad to see that.

Re: Moch's project... well......I'm still skeptical on this one. 1/2 of what this guy says is BS and the other 1/2 you gotta check on.

My office is 100' away from the site, so at 9AM I'll be on here with a construction prgress update, which will probably involve very few keystrokes.

Agreed. Despite my initial skepticism about river house based on some inside information, he sure does seem to be moving forward and I'm glad to see that.

Re: Moch's project... well......I'm still skeptical on this one. 1/2 of what this guy says is BS and the other 1/2 you gotta check on.

Does any one think all the BS that the Press prints as fact about these developments hinders other quality proejects from comming forward? They keep printing things like "1,000 new condos" planned for DT.

Do you listen to any of that Terra Firma?

Does any one think all the BS that the Press prints as fact about these developments hinders other quality proejects from comming forward?  They keep printing things like "1,000 new condos" planned for DT. 

Do you listen to any of that Terra Firma?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are the main reason. Anyone can announce a project, and like clockwork the Press splashes a huge, front-page story about this amazing project that will "Change the Face of Downtown GR"

My office is 100' away from the site, so at 9AM I'll be on here with a construction prgress update, which will probably involve very few keystrokes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hahaha... :D

Thanks for the insight Terra Firma

Why is Moch always trying to put a deal together and sell it? Didnt he do this at the Cambridge House(forgot building name) building as well?

I don't know if this means anything or not, but I drove past the Icon on Bond lots today and it looks like the the weeds have been cleared from the south lot.

I don't know if this means anything or not, but I drove past the Icon on Bond lots today and it looks like the the weeds have been cleared from the south lot.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl: that for some reason made me giggle.

If that wasn't purely rhetorical, the answer is no.

I have a bird's eye view of both sides of the project all day long and there has been little or no movement in months.

Well the weeds are mowed but there is little other activity that I can see. Theres a big pile of metal crap in one of the lots too. Maybe they real estate folks were just kidding...

I have been "Up North" all week.  Any earth-moving going on at Bond Street?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As you could expect...NO. It's just another stated start date that has come and gone. I'm sure it won't be the last. They have added more info to the website though.

The realtors selling the condos told me Aug 1, and the other one told me the first week of August. Both those have passed now. Is Moch one of those guys who sits on developments until they become a big pain the a** and someone else takes over?