How Many Lurkers Out There?

GRDadof3

I have noticed just since I officially joined in March that there are a lot more lurkers around here (which is great!). I would have to guess there are probably 40 - 50 registered here in the GR area forum, and probably at least 50 - 60 others not registered (we may have lost some over the real estate discussion backlash). What do you other regulars think?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a lot of people are just looking for the scoop on what is going on. I found this page looking for info on Moch's medium-security condos. Between us all, we seem to be good at keeping up on the news of what is going on in GR

I think a lot of people are just looking for the scoop on what is going on.  I found this page looking for info on Moch's medium-security condos.  Between us all, we seem to be good at keeping up on the news of what is going on in GR

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got here by studying the traffic of my companies' (Lighthouse Communities) web site and noticed about 50 hits directed from this site. That is another possible source.

I have noticed just since I officially joined in March that there are a lot more lurkers around here (which is great!).  I would have to guess there are probably 40 - 50 registered here in the GR area forum, and probably at least 50 - 60 others not registered (we may have lost some over the real estate discussion backlash).  What do you other regulars think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Found the site by accident when doing a google search on my company name, linked me here as a result of a DDA grant I received.

I stay because it is the best source I've found for sidewalk gossip on new projects being announced and the inside scoop on the developers behind the projects being discussed. Stuff you don't see in the paper.

It is a great way for me to hear what kind of stuff the market wants re: apartments and such....

ATTN: monsoon--- please note I did not use my company name or solicit inquiries for any of my projects, nor did I attempt to sell anything in this post.

• 2 weeks later...

I just now registered, and read the posting rules.

I found this board tonight after googling "hillmount condominiums." I found a link that lead me to this board, and a nice, long thread on the subject.

Husband and I were residents of the Oakwood Manor for just shy of eight years. In fact, we were married in our living room there! We live in Eastown now, in a sweet, small 1916 foursquare. But I often miss the communal aspects of apartment living.

We were excited to hear that both the Hillmount and the Oakwood were being turned into condominiums. We often thought, during our time there, that both buildings could be very easily tipped in one of two directions: Condo, or Section 8. Any middle ground seemed to be quickly disappearing.

When I read or hear news of new condo developments downtown, I get quite a pang. We had originally sought out a condominium when we were home-shopping (Spring of 2000) but there were none in our price range that weren't in suburbia. We are also dog owners now, which we weren't then, so that makes a choice of a house even more clear. But, sometimes....

Oh well, no looking back! I'm very glad to have found this forum.

Zenstyle

Welcome Zenstyle! It is interesting that if you do a google search for any of the new condo projects downtown, UP comes up as the #1 or #2 return (just the lofi version). If you haven't done so already, go to the bottom of the page and switch to the hifi version Zenstyle (much better) ;)

I'm not sure how July ended up, but in June the GR forum was the third busiest subforum on UrbanPlanet, with 19,089 views.  There are a good number of lurkers around here....

Welcome to the forum, Zenstyle!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow! GR the third busiest sub-forum! Either we are bursting with urban energy here, or we all have no life :P

Archived