Google Map

sonofaque86

I don't know if I am allowed to post this but I came across this and found it cool. Just wanted to share but you can delete if I'm not allowed.

Google Maps the Moon

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

To celebrate the July 20, 1969 moon landing, Google has launched Google Moon as an extension of Google Maps and Google Earth. Imagery was provided courtesy of NASA and enables you to surf the Moon's surface and check out the exact spots where the Apollo astronauts

link:

=-=-=

http://moon.google.com/

=====------------------------------------------------------------=====

Google Earth 3.0.0395 Beta(the latest version)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Google Earth combines satellite imagery, maps and the power of Google Search to put the world

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been using Google Earth for quite a while.

The coolest thing I like about it is the ability to show 3-D representaitons of the skylines of larger cities (such as Atlanta, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa, Charlotte, etc.) It's awesome! Draw a 3-D representation of a city and then rotate it 360 degrees! :thumbsup:

The thing I like least about it is that a lot of the imagry (for example, Downtown Greenville and Travelers Rest) is not as high of a resolution and doesn't show as much detail as for other areas...heck, the entire State of Indiana is Hi-Res....why not Greenville?!?!? :w00t:

They are slowly gathering the data. Most of whe brown colored images are in fact aerial photos. I can't figure out why they have random areas like Woodruff and Greer, but not Greenville and Spartanburg though. That really drives me nuts. I know that both of these areas have hi-res aerial imagery available.

Normally this type of thread should go in the coffee house, but it will be a duplicate thread there. So if you guys can keep the subject on SC, then it can stay here.

MSN Virtual Earth has more detailed Aerial Photography of the Upstate; however, it's rather out-dated. Heck, you can still see the Memorial Auditorium in Greenville (and no Bi-Lo Center yet). The Richardson Street Garage was just a parking lot. Camperdown Way Bridge is still there, etc.

http://virtualearth.msn.com/

But at least it's more detail ;)

I've been using Google Earth for quite a while.

The coolest thing I like about it is the ability to show 3-D representaitons of the skylines of larger cities (such as Atlanta, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa, Charlotte, etc.)  It's awesome!  Draw a 3-D representation of a city and then rotate it 360 degrees!  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sadly, it doesn't work for cities outside of the US, I believe.

It's a great program, though.

Archived