THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY

CH1KP00DEL

:rofl: Let's Talk... Emote... Describe... NitPick...Shred... Resolve... Accept... Demote... Let's START!

Give me some FEEDBACK, People! Has anyone been or resided in this mountain resort? Your opinions and impressions of the residents and the lifestyle and leisures this tourist-town encompasses.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

Lake Arrowhead is a private lake formed by a dam in the San Bernardino Mountains, about 70 miles east of downtown Los Angeles. It is a private lake and the community that surrounds it is private as well. There is a German-themed shopping center around the lake and they even have an Oktoberfest. Personally, I prefer the other lakes in the area like Silverwood Lake, formed by the State Water Project, and Big Bear Lake and Lake Gregory (a pet lover's dream).

• 3 months later...

Big Bear is really over-crowded. I was there last year at this time and I was amazed how bad the traffic and parking was.

The side streets are pretty quiet, with some nice houses that probably run in the $2 million range and aren't even that big. Elitist is sort of an understatement.

• 4 months later...

Big Bear is really over-crowded. I was there last year at this time and I was amazed how bad the traffic and parking was.

The side streets are pretty quiet, with some nice houses that probably run in the $2 million range and aren't even that big. Elitist is sort of an understatement.

I haven't been up there since the fire, but from my copy of the LA times homes in the Big Bear/Arrowhead area are much more reasonable than LA proper. Especially if you are slightly off the lake front. THe area up there is quite beautiful and Alpine, more like your stereotype of Colorado than of LA. If the weather is good, its a relatively quick trip into LA or Palm Springs. For someone who can work at home, Big Bear, Arrowhead might be quite attractive. Not for someone who has to drive into LA everyday, though.

[

Archived