Atlanta VS Charlotte

Skyybutter

I will drop it too then. I will agree that things arent as "peachy" (a little pun for the GA forum lol) as the government would leave us to believe. However, I think that we are FAR from the end of days style economy that you are warning of. I run numerous economic models to check the FED, and we are a bit off on some things, as Im sure the can skew data to make things look better somewhere in their calculations. But were not significantly far off enough to think that we are going to crash. Sure, a recession is probably on the horizon. But for Americans, a well diversified portfolio, and more emphasis on PERSONAL SAVINGS (which is at an embarrasing level), we will be fine.

Im not a huge fan of the FED. How can so may economists work for it and claim to support the free market? Its kind of a oxymoron. The market is a pretty amazing thing, it tends to always work itself out (see home prices as of late).

Anyway Ill drop it, I just think your wrong and Im right lol. (kidding)

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Economics certainly lives up to its nickname the "dismal science", eh?

Personally, I try to keep an upbeat and optimistic tone about all of the problems we face.

I'm confident that this country will soon return to that feeling of pride and greatness that you speak of we used to have.

Awhile back, I found a great quote on optimism in America. Only trouble is, now I can't find it! I'll have to post it when I can find it.

However, here is another good quote along the same lines:

"Sometimes people call me an idealist. Well, that is the way I know I am an American. America is the only idealistic nation in the world."

--Woodrow Wilson

Anyways, while discussions about politics and economics are very relevant to our day and age, could we try to get back on the topic of Atlanta vs. Charlotte?Is there anything left to debate about Atlanta vs. Charlotte?

Archived