N.NE Lodge | Off-topic posting

NNElodge.jpg

I know there are a lot more ppl here in NNE (Northern New England for those of you who don't know) other than us that love cities urban living and development. SIGN UP! Don't be afraid...but we do bite :D . Just kidding about that last bit. This is an invite. Sign up now while the gettin' is good. All of the new recuits can also come talk here and introduce yourselves. We wanna get to know ya! :) You can also introduce yourself to the whole forum at the Introduce Yourself section of UrbanPlanet.

Well I'll introduce myself. My name is Mike Brown and I'm from Manchester, NH aka Manch Vegas or Manch Angeles. Im 19 years old and a sophmore in college.

Edited by M. Brown

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody see those thunder storms yesterday? scratch that...did anybody loose power yesterday during the storms. We didnt but man was it scary. I was driving to my church for worship practice And I was right smack in the middle of it. It was like war of the worlds. I was so scared and just started prayin'. There were literally lightning strikes less that 200 feet from my car... a bunch of lightning strikes.

Hello all.....my name is Martin, age 32 and I'm a Sergeant stationed at Ft. Drum. Sounds weird....here's some background!!! I'm originally from Maine, having lived in Sanford, Shapleigh and West Newfield. In high school and USM I wanted to be an Architect....but, after partying too much, the military was the way to go! Uncle Sam might own may ass, but my heart is still in NNE! You young bucks ^ are a cool bunch!

I'm all about the hotdog lady! When I am back in Maine, my brother and I make it a point to buy from her! Sadly, she is not topless like you said, but she still looks good in that bikini! Maybe she should post her sister by the Saco River near your house so you could buy some hotdogs too (on 202)! Not a bad idea!

As for old, nixed projects, I have one for you (the other is Lincoln). Below is a proposal for the Fidelity building in the late 80's:

2.jpg

NEWFIDELITYCLOSEUP2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Now this is getting scary...

New EEE cases suspected in Concord, Manchester

By CAROL ROBIDOUX

Sunday News Staff

Two new suspected cases of Eastern equine encephalitis were announced yesterday by the state Department of Health and Human Services, bringing to four the number of human cases of the potentially-deadly mosquito-borne virus in New Hampshire.

Two men, one from Manchester and the other from Concord, were hospitalized over the weekend, said John A. Stephen, DHHS commissioner.

Full Article Here.

Too bad the people don't get to vote for mayor. She really is a nice lady though and she is pro-urban development and whatnot from all the articles I've read.

And it is amazing how many minorities there are in Portland these days, in just the 18 years that I've been alive, the city has really diversified. I realized it this summer at the 4th of July thing when a lot of the residents from different ethnic backgrounds all mix together.

From what I gather, the major is "elected" by the city council. The mayor is more of a representation of the city council than the big boss who calls all the shots. It's like the Monarchy and the Parliment in England, like the Queen of England represents the nation but has no political authority. She is very important nontheless!

• 3 weeks later...

HI! I am new to the forum and lived in Bedford NH for the first 10 years of my life. For 13 years I lived in the hellhole known as metro Atlanta and am now living in Augusta GA. I hope to eventually live in the Toronto area (the northeast US is just to expensive). It is nice to meet all of you and I hope to talk on more posts in the future.