Narragansett Beer makes a comeback

Cotuit

There is a definite diference between Gansett in a can and Gansett in a glass bottle.

Next time you try it, A/B the 2 and you should see the difference. Gansett in bottles tastes much better.

Did you know that the Decatur is the single largest seller of Narragansett? Now, to be fair, wholesaw #'s for Gansett last year under Falstaff were miniscule, around $250,000.

I am very happy to see this beer catch on and make a comeback. Curious to see how its moving in non-urban liquor stores...I know that it only being available in tallboy cans for a long time hurt its chances of getting shelf space in a lot of places.

But now...THE SKY IS THE LIMIT.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not had the bottles yet. I will try it. I have had it on draft, and that is definitely different than the cans.

So there are three differnet tastes? Cans, bottles, and drafts?

I'll second the different tastes...

bottle definitely tastes better than the cans.

Had a couple the other night at the Texas Roadhouse - I liked it!! Not the best beer in the world for sure, but it was pretty good. The local roots of the brand gave me a warm feeling - or was that the Filet...

...Anyway, good enough to go out a keep a twelver in my garage!

Where can you get it on draft?

I was dragged to barnsider's one night. They had it. Only time I have had it on draft, but I am sure there are other places around that have it. Was the only good experience of that place and I would not go back just for the draft gansett. :)

I was dragged to barnsider's one night. They had it. Only time I have had it on draft, but I am sure there are other places around that have it. Was the only good experience of that place and I would not go back just for the draft gansett. :)

Wow, I'm surprised, I've always enjoyed Barnsider's and have always gotten a good meal there. Great salad bar too...

Wow, I'm surprised, I've always enjoyed Barnsider's and have always gotten a good meal there. Great salad bar too...

I probably got the wrong thing. It was not the food as much as the atmosphere. My wife and I were the youngest by far. Placed seemed like a time warp to the 80s. Salad bar was a mess, although I did like the big wheel of cheese. It was not a place I would go to again, but I see the appeal to people.

Archived