New Tower Announcement

doormanpoet

The new tower will be in the City Paper Monday. It will be 18 stories and it will be called the ICON. It will break ground in August and is part of a 400 million dollar development. The tower will be on a hill and appear quite tall. It has some of the same design elements as the Adelicia.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not the Bristol Project. This is the one William told me about a month ago. The only tower in the Gulch is the ICON. The Plaza for the Arts is still a 12 story proposal. William showed me the rendering in his office on Friday. The Plaza for the Arts is still a proposal. The ICON is now a project to break ground in a couple of weeks. I cannot reveal the developer for the ICON, but William will have it in the City Paper on Monday. This will be on the hill at 11th Avenue in the Gulch.

I am a little confused?

The article in the Tennessean refers to apartments and the article in the City Paper makes it sound like they are condos.

Also since this is a Bristol Development is it a different building than was referenced above?

Thanks for the help.

No, not now, this is the Bristol project mentioned above. I think some will be condos and some will be apartments. Bristol's Broadway project started out as apts. but became condos before completion.

Bristol was originally going to do something on their own, but since the retail portion has been deemed premature, Nashville Urban joined with Bristol for this one. I would imageine Bristol's plate is quite full and this should be it until they finish up the East Nashville project and the large one off West End. Broadway is almost complete.

I had heard there was going to be a tower in the gulch and just saw the City Paper this morning -- this looks just great and we can't wait to see it come up in the gulch.. one more nice addition to our view from Ireland st.!

David

Since it'll be close by, let's take another look at The Adelicia. I see lots in common with the new ICON. Great street stuff. I'm really waiting for a shovel to move on State Street.

Adelicia.jpg

This rendering looks short....its announced at 18 floors. :) We can't get cheated on our floors now, can we?

David, in the next few months you'll have so much to see from your "perch." Wish I had a view...I've to binoculars. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah - it's been great.. we've been there a little over a year and practically live on the front deck (except lately -- it's been so HOT we've stayed inside w/the air turned down to Arctic!)..

We've got the new courthouse over to the left, looking forward to the Signature Tower in the middle, the gulch development straight ahead and the new tower (Palmer Place?) on West End..

And then there are the fireworks! :w00t:

One thing about it, since you've been gone, lots of those things that were going to happen are happening. Hopefully, by the time you get back for a visit there'll be a lot more. That should make a trip really interesting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, it really is nice to see all those things that were talked about in the rumor/planning stages actually coming to fruition.

A trip back to Nashburg will be fun and interesting, indeed.

Archived