The Atlanta Highrise Boom!

Martinman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard that the DOT has now opened Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd. for traffic. Does that mean that they are FINALLY finished? IC, you think you could take some pictures during your next time to ATL. and post it in your thread? :D

Yep, it was opened to traffic for the first time in 9 months on October 3rd.

I will see about getting some pics of it :)

I heard that the DOT has now opened Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd. for traffic. Does that mean that they are FINALLY finished? IC, you think you could take some pictures during your next time to ATL. and post it in your thread? :D

The street is open to traffic but the streetscape is not finished. There are no light poles, trees or anything like that yet but you can see the bike lane and the planting strip next to the sidewalk. Some people have said that Central Atlanta Progress will come in and do the streetscaping after the DOT is finished but it remains to be seen how that will all work out.

• 2 weeks later...

From ABC

Novare is planning its third Twelve hotel which will be on 14th street across from One Atlantic Center (IBM tower). This is what was formerly known as Atlantic Center Plaza III which was rumored to be 60 stories. It will include 130 hotel rooms, 360,000 sf of offices and 476 condos.

There is also a rumor of 50 story Novare tower planned for Atlantic Station. Novare people would only say that they like AS.

From ABC

Novare is planning its third Twelve hotel which will be on 14th street across from One Atlantic Center (IBM tower). This is what was formerly known as Atlantic Center Plaza III which was rumored to be 60 stories. It will include 130 hotel rooms, 360,000 sf of offices and 476 condos.

There is also a rumor of 50 story Novare tower planned for Atlantic Station. Novare people would only say that they like AS.

Martinman, do have any idea of how many stories the new Twelve Hotel would be?

From ABC

Martinman, that is way cool!

By the way, is ABC the Atlanta Business Chronicle? I get that, but for some reason can't find the dadgum article.

Well I guess this pretty much solidifies that Novare is definitely interested in the southwest corner of 14th Street. This has to be like the fourth time I have heard of this "rumor." 60 stories would be fabulous at such a prominent corner on such a growing street. Unless they bore into the incline, this building will sit slightly higher than the southeast corner of 14th. If done properly, it will make a great companion for the venerable One Atlantic Center. It will also have a commanding view of the downtown connector.

Martinman, that is way cool!

By the way, is ABC the Atlanta Business Chronicle? I get that, but for some reason can't find the dadgum article.

duh! The little blurb was in todays AJC's business section not the business chronicle. No wonder you couldnt find it Andrea. Sorry :blush:

But a little more hearsay from a VERY reliable source on another site. The tower WILL be 60 stories, 63 to be exact and with mechinical on top is estimated to top out at @ 785'.

There was also mention of Post planning two 40 story buildings in the Centennial Hill area, one condo , one apartments. And one casualty, the Block 3 proposal, which is now dead since Cousins is focused on building something at 615 Peachtree instead.

The building on the corner of 14th and W P'Tee is not rumor. There will most definately be something built there, but they have not solidified designs as of yet. I have heard ferom a couple of people though that 60 stories souds about right. In addition, I have some architectual renderings of the tower to be built at 845 Peachtree Street. For those who remember it, that is the site of the old Backstreet club. I don't have any space online to post pictures.

To whoever thought me using my work e-mail address was soliciting business, get a grip! But to placate the powers that be, if you would like to see the renderings, shoot me an e-mail at this newly created account (that has no association to any business...unless you consider it to be an add for hotmail) [email protected].

And one casualty, the Block 3 proposal, which is now dead since Cousins is focused on building something at 615 Peachtree.

I believe that Novare is putting up the two towers that I posted on page 4 at 615, which is right behond Spire. Someone correct me if I am wrong. i keep gettin the 845 project and the 615 project confused. :(

The building on the corner of 14th and W P'Tee is not rumor. There will most definately be something built there, but they have not solidified designs as of yet. I have heard ferom a couple of people though that 60 stories souds about right. In addition, I have some architectual renderings of the tower to be built at 845 Peachtree Street. For those who remember it, that is the site of the old Backstreet club. I don't have any space online to post pictures.

There are many free sites such as Photobucket or ImageShack that have free online storage space. I suggest you try them. You can also go to the UP Information section where we have a dedicated thread with many other options.

I believe that Novare is putting up the two towers that I posted on page 4 at 615, which is right behond Spire. Someone correct me if I am wrong. i keep gettin the 845 project and the 615 project confused. :(

845 Peachtree is the Backstreet location, which is across the street from the Spire. 615 Peachtree is right across the intersection from The BOA tower. You are getting the two confused.

I didnt say the building was a rumor. That project has been discussed from the beginning of this thread. I said it was rumored to be 60 stories and it was confirmed to be 63 stories yesterday by someone with access to the plan.

845 peachtree was covered extensively on this same thread a few weeks ago, including rendering and site plan.

CoStar has an article about Twelve 14th Street

"Preliminary plans emerged this week for a joint venture residential and commercial tower by Atlanta condominium king Novare Group Inc. and Pope & Land Enterprises Inc. The project, named Twelve 14th Street, will include 360,000 square feet of office space, 476 condo units, a 130-room hotel and another 30,500 square feet of retail space, according to plans filed with the Georgia Department of Community Affairs through the City of Atlanta."

845 Peachtree is the Backstreet location, which is across the street from the Spire. 615 Peachtree is right across the intersection from The BOA tower. You are getting the two confused.

LC Thanks for clearing that up for me. So it looks like the BOA building will finally get some company. :thumbsup:

I'm confused. Isn't 615 Peachtree the Wachovia building on the corner of North Ave? Are they demolishing it? What are you talking about?

Was the Wachovia Building built in the late 1950's? If so, I think it is going to be demolished. Martinman could telol you (he told me about it, I just can't remember it too well).

Atlmagnum,

You are more than welcome.

As far as the BOA building geeting some company....

Everyone keeps forgetting the Bellsouth Corporate Center is a block (if even) from the Bank of America Plaza. You are right though, if something taller is built at this corner, it would definitely give the BOA and Bellsouth Corporate Center some company. :thumbsup:

This just crossed my mind. If it is 63 stories as reported here, about how tall that would be. Regent's planned 47 story mixed use tower in Buckhead is 600'+ tall. Would that mean that this tower could be in the 500 to 600' tall range. If yes then that would be a worthy companion to the One Atlantic Center.

This just crossed my mind. If it is 63 stories as reported here, about how tall that would be. Regent's planned 47 story mixed use tower in Buckhead is 600'+ tall. Would that mean that this tower could be in the 500 to 600' tall range. If yes then that would be a worthy companion to the One Atlantic Center.

Over on SSP they're saying 785 ft.

785'?????? Oh my word, that exceeds my expectations. Of course this is all conjecture but wow if it comes to be. How beautiful such a building will be and the 14th street corridor will rival Peachtree St.

Say hello to Atlanta's second tallest! :shades: It was only a matter of time before Midtown could rival Downtown....the torch has been passed.

Archived