The Atlanta Highrise Boom!

Martinman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Aqua...several insiders in the biz have mentioned to me privately that they do not believe Aqua will ever break groud...hopefully they are wrong.

Yes, let's hope they are wrong. That's a great corner and a nice highrise condo would look excellent on that perch above Plaza Midtown. Plus it's so close to the Publix. More people will equal more sales....we hope.

On the condo tower at the corner of Fowler and 16th street, the developers have pulled the zoning variance request after the Home Park Civic Association voted to oppose their application for a variance. They feel that site is too close to the existing single family homes to construct a 24-31 (not sure of the exact height) story tower. As far as I know that project is postponed until further notice.
While I can understand their concern, what do they expect when living in a city?

The big news is the info I got on Twelve 14th Street. This is the proposed tower on 14th & W. Peachtree. The tower will be 55 stories tall reaching a height of 750 feet (give or take). It will contain 30,000 sq feet of street leval retail, 150 Hotel rooms, 350,000 sq feet of Class A office space, and 380 Condo units. Total sq footage of the building will be 1.2 million sq feet and contain 1700 parking spaces. The project will take up the entire block bounded by W Peachtree, Spring, 14th and 13th. Although it wil be a modernist tower...think 1180 Peachtree...it will look significantly different then most of Novare's other projects. I think the inclusion of the office space is driving the changes from what they normally do.

The IBM tower will still be the tallest building in Midtown, but not by much. This will be a MAJOR addition to the Midtown, indeed Atlanta, skyline.

:yahoo: Now this is the best news I have read on here all night. 750' will definitely look great on the skyline. The midtown skyline is turning into a feast for the eyes if the design reported design cues come to fruition. You packed so much definitive information into this post, I can only suppose it to be true. How happy I will be to see this.....I'm a skyscraper junky!

One thing I like about many of the developers who announce projects in Atlanta is that they make the announcement and soon after give so much information and then "shortly" after construction starts. I love this....get things done. Once the 845 Peachtree condos, 615 building and the Aqua are built, we will start to slowly see the skylines merging. We still have some ways to go but it's happening. :shades:

Not sure when thay plan groundbreaking, but I do know they are currently going through the DRI study with the ARC.

I feel pretty confident this will get off the ground, as Novare is being joined in this project by Pope & Land to work on the office componant. Pope & Land delivered Atlantic Center a couple of years ago and has been looking for an opportunity with this property since.

teshadoh, according to the developers and architectcs, the building will top out at 55 stories. All 55 stories will be occupied space. Unlike some of Novare's other buildings, the parking will not sit underneath the building, but behind it. Tthe 1st 10 stories of the building will be hotel, followed by 15? stories of office with the remaining being condo's. The parking deck will front 13th street, but the builder has agreed to "wrap" the parking deck in the same material used on the rest of the building, so it will not look like a parking deck. There will even be retail on the ground floor of the deck.

Also, we were supposed to hear about the 16th street tower at last Wed. nights NPU meeting, but the developer deferred until they can meet with the Home Park Civic Association to work out the objections they have. I don't think and end of year ground breaking is realistic. Even if they come back before the NPU beginning of Dec., they will still need t go through the ZRB before they can move the first shovel of dirt. I suppose it's possible, but that would be one heck of a tight schedule.

There will even be retail on the ground floor of the deck.

That makes SO much sense, aesthetically, financially and from the standpoint of creating walkable pedestrian-friendly environments. I realize most modern cities aren't going to move away from a car culture in the forseeable future, but that doesn't mean we can't do some simple things to give primacy to human beings, rather than simply treating them as pesky dots who obstruct vehicular traffic.

If I ruled this town, the zoning ordinances would require parking decks to be placed behind or underneath all buildings, that all exposed facades be wrapped, that all entrances and exits be on side streets, and that all decks have street level retail. A little on street parking wouldn't be altogether bad either.

teshadoh, according to the developers and architectcs, the building will top out at 55 stories. All 55 stories will be occupied space. Unlike some of Novare's other buildings, the parking will not sit underneath the building, but behind it. Tthe 1st 10 stories of the building will be hotel, followed by 15? stories of office with the remaining being condo's. The parking deck will front 13th street, but the builder has agreed to "wrap" the parking deck in the same material used on the rest of the building, so it will not look like a parking deck. There will even be retail on the ground floor of the deck.

Also, we were supposed to hear about the 16th street tower at last Wed. nights NPU meeting, but the developer deferred until they can meet with the Home Park Civic Association to work out the objections they have. I don't think and end of year ground breaking is realistic. Even if they come back before the NPU beginning of Dec., they will still need t go through the ZRB before they can move the first shovel of dirt. I suppose it's possible, but that would be one heck of a tight schedule.

Oh... yes, you're right, sorry for the wrong info.

Sometimes I seriously get my facts missed up, on another site my signature is "100% Right, 50% Of The Time", maybe I should use it here too ;)

Does anyone have any renderings of the 16th st. or 14th st. towers?

Saw a model of Twelve 14 on SP. It will stand next to OAC and is just about as tall. It is slinder with a flat top. I trided to post the picture but I couldn't figure out how. The building looks impressive! :D

Saw a model of Twelve 14 on SP. It will stand next to OAC and is just about as tall. It is slinder with a flat top. I trided to post the picture but I couldn't figure out how. The building looks impressive! :D

Are you talking about this picture:

Development.jpg

The proposed Twelve 14th Street would be the building on the right. Just a tad shorter than the One Atlantic Center building. Now that's tall...........

Is it me or does it seem like as soon as we digest one new proposal, there is yet another on. We can't even make threads about individual buildings because if we did the Atlanta site would be inundated with thread after thread.

I really like the idea of having something so tall next to the OAC building. I find the OAC building a timeless classic and I have always wanted that site to have something worthy of it's neighbor. With people living, working and shopping there, that will make the 14th street corridor even more appealing.

Now if we could just see what this 615 Peachtree Street proposal is going to look like.

Now if we could just see what this 615 Peachtree Street proposal is going to look like.

http://www.segaming.net/Conceptual_Renderings_090105.pdf

This was an earlier post of the renderings for the 615 project. I'm still amazed that Novare can have so many major projects going on at once (Twelve AS, Twleve CH, Realm, Gallery, and now Twelve 14th and the 615 project.) They should name their next tower "The Novare"

http://www.segaming.net/Conceptual_Renderings_090105.pdf

This was an earlier post of the renderings for the 615 project. I'm still amazed that Novare can have so many major projects going on at once (Twelve AS, Twleve CH, Realm, Gallery, and now Twelve 14th and the 615 project.) They should name their next tower "The Novare"

No, no sweetie. That's not 615 Peachtree. That's 845 Peachtree....better known as the Backstreet Lot. 615 Peachtree is across the street from the Bank of America Plaza on the northeast corner of Peachtree and North Avenue.

No, no sweetie. That's not 615 Peachtree. That's 845 Peachtree....better known as the Backstreet Lot. 615 Peachtree is across the street from the Bank of America Plaza on the northeast corner of Peachtree and North Avenue.

I still might be confused, but I went and reviewed the site plan on the ARC site and it showed the project to be located between 7th and 6th Streets on Peachtree (page 30 on the pdf). Here is the link:

http://www.atlantaregional.com/qualitygrow...R_7THSTREET.PDF

The plan looked excatly like the renderings that were posted in the link on my previous post. Please let me know if I am still wrong. :huh:

I still might be confused, but I went and reviewed the site plan on the ARC site and it showed the project to be located between 7th and 6th Streets on Peachtree (page 30 on the pdf). Here is the link:

http://www.atlantaregional.com/qualitygrow...R_7THSTREET.PDF

The plan looked excatly like the renderings that were posted in the link on my previous post. Please let me know if I am still wrong. :huh:

Sorry to doubt you LC, just mapquested the address and you are right. I got confused when I saw the ARC plans. I thought because it was imbetween 7th and 6th streets that the address would be 615 and not 845. Peachtree ST. can be confusing. I'm use to Chicago's streets where everything is in a grid. :wacko:

I want ever doubt your wisdom ever again.

Sorry to doubt you LC, just mapquested the address and you are right. I got confused when I saw the ARC plans. I thought because it was imbetween 7th and 6th streets that the address would be 615 and not 845. Peachtree ST. can be confusing. I'm use to Chicago's streets where everything is in a grid. :wacko:

I want ever doubt your wisdom ever again.

It's perfectly okay Atlmangum. It has happened before when I asked about the 615 Peachtree building and someone gives me information on the Backstreet location. Sometimes you have to doubt and research things. I try to not just say things if I can't back it up but if you have a question about a comment I or opinion I give, feel free to ask. I see no harm in wanting the correct information. :thumbsup:

And the beat goes on for Buckhead

The St Regis website has a rendering of their proposed residential/hotel tower.

I have seen the advertisment for this. I'm so proud that Atlanta was considered for such a nice residential tower. This is like the Ritz Carlton of residential towers. 100 West Paces Ferry is steps away from the excitement of the Buckhead Village. This is great for Buckhead and great for Atlanta.

You are right, and the beat does go on and on and on.

Celeste - make sure you update the 'next wave' regarding your upcoming birth ;)

Let me see if I can do this in a development type of way.....

Okay here goes:

Construction begin on yet another addition to the Celeste "skyline" back in February. Completion is expected for November 16, 2005. This building will compliment the Celeste "skyline" which currently incudes 13 First Daughter Tower, 3 Eldest Son Tower and 2 Twin Towers. While the mayor of the city would like more towers added to the skyline, the city planner is probably going to request that this is the last tower added.....until there are small grand towers many many many years down the line. As you may guess, with the addition of so many towers so soon, transportation has become an issue.

LOL.......I have to laugh to keep from crying. I'm going to miss posting for a few weeks but I hope to be back real soon. Now watch, when I'm away, there will be 50 announcements and one of those announcements will be for a 100 story building and I will be too busy to post.

Until later guys (and lady @ Andrea :thumbsup: ).......

Let me see if I can do this in a development type of way.....

Okay here goes:

Construction begin on yet another addition to the Celeste "skyline" back in February. Completion is expected for November 16, 2005. This building will compliment the Celeste "skyline" which currently incudes 13 First Daughter Tower, 3 Eldest Son Tower and 2 Twin Towers. While the mayor of the city would like more towers added to the skyline, the city planner is probably going to request that this is the last tower added.....until there are small grand towers many many many years down the line. As you may guess, with the addition of so many towers so soon, transportation has become an issue.

LOL.......I have to laugh to keep from crying. I'm going to miss posting for a few weeks but I hope to be back real soon. Now watch, when I'm away, there will be 50 announcements and one of those announcements will be for a 100 story building and I will be too busy to post.

Wow sounds like an impressive skyline with good density. :whistling:

As you may guess, with the addition of so many towers so soon, transportation has become an issue.

I'll try my best to keep things running here, as will everyone else, I'm sure :) Best of luck, Lady Celeste!

Let's just hope half of your prophecy come true :P

Archived