the beautiful outdoors....without the heat!

satalac

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just so hot. I spent my Sunday at the movies. Radnor shots are always nice.

sleep, I'm really jealous. I think our "cold" front that arrives Tuesday afternoon will drop us to 89. Oh well, it's nearly August, summer's been okay so far. We slipped by the past few years without too many 90s days, so I guess we should have expected this one. Summers like this makes for really pleasant Falls. I can't wait.

It's just so hot. I spent my Sunday at the movies. Radnor shots are always nice.

sleep, I'm really jealous. I think our "cold" front that arrives Tuesday afternoon will drop us to 89. Oh well, it's nearly August, summer's been okay so far. We slipped by the past few years without too many 90s days, so I guess we should have expected this one. Summers like this makes for really pleasant Falls. I can't wait.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

fall is awesome. beautiful colors, wonderful temperature, and there was something else about it too.....um.....what was it.......oh yeah FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!!!!! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After spending my life in Memphis and New Orleans, places where no one looked forward to summers, it's very different here. Normal high right now is 82 and normal low is 62. I've seen summers where it only got to 90 once, and for the 1st couple yrs here, we didn't even own an AC. The past few days have been the worst in 8 yrs.--Sat. afternoon the dewpoint was 84 degrees, highest I've ever seen it in my lifetime, even in New Orleans (weather.com doesn't even have that on its scale)--with a heat index of 118.

But, a week ago today, I had the heat on in my car early in the morning. lol

I've never lived in a place where cold fronts came through in summer. In New Orleans everyone waited til late Sept for it. Same in Memphis.

One thing about lakes up here, you don't have to worry about snakes or snapping turtles. Plus, the water's clear. I remember swimming in Pickwick as a kid, and that was a concern.

And alligators are now confirmed in Shelby County.

I love Radnor lake. I always used to go there.

And sleepy, I thought you lived here in TN. I never knew you were from Minnesota. Did you used to live here, or just enjoy Tennessee?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Born and raised in Memphis. Spent a couple years in Nashville. Spent 25 yr. in New Orleans--married there, kid was born there, etc.--and moved to MN 8 yr. ago.

Don't complain guys!!!!

You could live in South Florida!!! hehehehe... Yesterday we were at 93 and our humidity was at 92!!!!!

THATS HOT!!! And we're too far south for any cold fronts to reach us this time of year... so theres no hope for a cold front.

Oh yeah, and as if that wasn't enough... we have NO BREEZE!!!

So... count your lucky stars!! It could be worse!!!

heheheheheheheheheehheheehhehehehe

Don't complain guys!!!!

You could live in South Florida!!! hehehehe...  Yesterday we were at 93 and our humidity was at 92!!!!!

THATS HOT!!!  And we're too far south for any cold fronts to reach us this time of year... so theres no hope for a cold front. 

Oh yeah, and as if that wasn't enough... we have NO BREEZE!!! 

So... count your lucky stars!!  It could be worse!!!

heheheheheheheheheehheheehhehehehe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you just wait linclink, you'll be living in nashville soon and you'll see. oh you'll see (insert evil laugh here) :D:P

;)  :P  :D  :rofl: hehehehehe!!!

Actually!!!  I Can't wait!!  Evil laugh, and Summers, and all!!!!

Paula

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i didn't even mention the skeeters. then again, i'm sure ya'll have some nasty ones down there in south florida. :P

Are skeeters those bugs that dive-bomb people, and make some freaky noise?!?!?! I'VE HEARD OF THEM!!!!! No... down here we don't have those... but we do have 1-2 inch long FLYING ROACHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t: Oh Yeah... and 3-4 inch Flying WATERBUGS!!!! UGH!!!! :w00t::wacko: Not to mention the giant mosquitoes and Flies (theres one called a Mouse fly... its GIGANTIC), Huge Beatles, etc.. etc.. etc...

So yeah... I think we're covered in the bug department! Hahahahhaha...

But really, I do LOVE living hear. It's just I moved back when it was a town of 100,000 and the surrounding areas were pretty much farms and stuff. Now, the city has about 250,000 and if you add in the surrounding area, we have 1.5 million people in a fairly small county....

Flying roaches are my favorite bug. They were always a class ahead of the smaller roaches which could be real pests.

When I lived in New Orleans, one would get in the house and put-put around in the air at about 1/10 mph being chased by the cats. In the summer there were so many, it was hard to walk around outside without crunching them on the sidewalk.

But they have flying roaches in Memphis, so I would imagine they exist in Nashville as well.

Brrr . . . . . it was fifty degrees last night in Minnesota, and, and . . . . the heat came on!

Hopefully, the roaches have now headed south for winter. lol Nah, no roaches in Minnesota. When we first moved here though from New Orleans, we had this old folding table that had been stored in a shed for years. As we unloaded the moving van and took the table out, about 500 roaches came out of the nooks and crannies and started heading off towards the neighbor's house. We were mortified, figuring we'd be pegged as bringing New Orleans filth and depravity to pristine Minnesota. And I just knew--because small towns talk--that if any roaches appeared anywhere in town, we'd be talked about. Halfway expected the locals to gather outside that night with pitchforks and torches. :lol:

Here's something disgusting when I was 20 yr. old and living in New Orleans. At nightime in summer, we'd lay around drinking beer and throwing darts at the flying roaches crawling around the floor. They were pretty big targets--2 inches long and a half inch wide. I always tried for head shots to be humane. When you skewered one, you'd just scrape it off the dart into the toilet. lol

Even worse, an old New Orleans remedy for colds is (gasp) . . . . . . roach tea.

Here's something disgusting when I was 20 yr. old and living in New Orleans.  At nightime in summer, we'd lay around drinking beer and throwing darts at the flying roaches crawling around the floor.  They were pretty big targets--2 inches long and a half inch wide.  I always tried for head shots to be humane.  When you skewered one, you'd just scrape it off the dart into the toilet. lol

Even worse, an old New Orleans remedy for colds is (gasp) . . . . . . roach tea.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

man, we need to hang out sometime! haha. sounds like something me and my friends would do.

Archived