State Road 9A Website

vladittude0583

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great site, thanks a lot.

A quick question, is 9A going to directly connect with JTB? I see a ton of construction doing all kinds of weird things at St. John's Bluff and 9A, but it could just be all construction for 9A connecting with itself over there. It seems like there is going to be traffic backup even worse on St. John's Bluff than they have now if you've got to get off 9A onto SJB, and then get onto Butler.

Have you guys seen the configuration for the 9A JTB interchange?? I think I've heard them call this a Frisbee interchange. That site is pretty tight, I don't know how they are going to build it with the volume that JTB sees everyday. I wouldn't want to be taking JTB to work and have to drive through that construction.

Have you guys seen the configuration for the 9A JTB interchange??  I think I've heard them call this a Frisbee interchange.  That site is pretty tight, I don't know how they are going to build it with the volume that JTB sees everyday.  I wouldn't want to be taking JTB to work and have to drive through that construction.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've seen the interchange and it's crazy looking, but at least it is symmetric so there aren't many surprises as you navigate through it from different directions. It seems JTB is constantly going through improvements (or catch up). Not too long ago the additional lanes were open and now they're adding another lane from Gate to Kernan. Then there will be improvements at JTB and I-95 as well as JTB and Philips in addition to the interchange. Add to that the realigment of St. Johns Bluff to tie in with the final leg of 9A/295 from Beach southward and it's one big story of changing traffic patterns. I've got to find a better way from Riverside to UNF!

• 7 months later...

I visited the 9A construction website today, and was surprised to see that the I-95/I-295/US 1 interchange on the southside is open! It's 4 months early! I'm personally happy to see I-295 really close to completion. As for the interchange at JTB, I'm very excited about that as well! :D The interchange will be Jax's first full stack interchange.

Archived