Nashville Symphony

GaTechGuy

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I spoke to one of the supervisors there last week, he said there is still another year of work to. Most of the exterior will be done but there is a lot to do on the inside. Construction is slated to finish in july next year. I am really looking forward to going to some concerts there. The minister of music at my church had a chance to get a tour of the facility. She said the entire inner concert hall will be in a way floating and able to vibrate with the music. I didnt fully understand it but there are going as far as use flexable conduit so it will be able to move. All of the seats can go forward in rows and under the floor and a whole new seating arrangement will come up out from under the floor from the rear. There is also going to be a million or maybe a 2 million dollar pipe organ as well.

Looks great. From the air you can really get a sense of the size of the surface parking lots surrounding the site. Are any of the parking lots in the picture slated for develoment?

Thanks

Probably so, nb. The one in the pic with all the cars is rumored to have "several hundred" residential units. Parking lots are nothing but future development anyway, it's all economics.

It wasn't that long ago that the Hall of Fame building was giant asphalt lot as well as the Hilton and Park/Garage area. Last week, Zoning was approved for the Gateway Blvd area (in today's CityPaper) which will pave (ugh) the way for more urban, vertical development along the lines we want to see. Patience, Rome is coming along nicely.

As always thanks for the info 'Dave'

Patience is not one of my vitures (but I am working on it) good thing I am not a developer or I would be belly-up. ;)

Archived