Rolling Mill Hill

GaTechGuy

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been fun to watch the reworking of the Hill. I'm glad I took "before" pictures. This is just the beginning. This is Direct Development's portion. Streuver will develop the remaing parcels, 34 acres all together. Then you add the Thermal site. This will get interesting fast. Streuver, to quote them, is a "get it done" type of developer.

From the way the article reads, it looks as if they will start on the 12 story structure very soon that will be on parcel J. They said it was ready for developement but the rest of the area will have to wait for metro do to the infrastructure work. I hope metro does not slow things up. I am looking forward to seeing the cranes there, in the gulch, downtown and in midtown. Things are finally starting to happen here.

I'm not sure about that. The article sounds like Direct Development's proposal, the 12 story building, lost to Stuever Bros.' proposal. This sounds like a big loss. In my opinion, the area could use some modern design, and that's what it seems Direct Development's tower would have provided, "contemporary, with floor-to-ceiling glass." According to the planning director, the tower was "exciting," "sexy and good looking." Let's see, hopefully Stuever Bros. can match that description...

The 12 story building may not be going through, but the Direct Developments design for rehabing the existing buildings looks pretty good. PLus its probably a good thing that the Struever Bros. won the other parcels of land because I think that will certainly help things out over on the old thermal plant site.

WOW!!

That rendering looks great!!! The only thing missing, that would make it perfect, (to my eye) would be some type of cool, modern water feature in that patch of grass in the middle.... add some benches, etc.. and it would be a cool little "square" in the middle... I think that contrast between some more modern buildings, the older buildings and a sort of "modern" old-fashioned square, would be AWESOME... plus it would be a great gathering place for residents... but other than that.. hhehehehe its GORGEOUS!!!!

(I'm just a bit partial to water features... don't know why....)

Paula

Well, Paula, I don't know what the overall plans are specifically for this site and Thermal next door. This is just a little bitty piece of it. From what I understand the Cumberland River and adjacent greenways will be a big part of this. Now that's what I call a water feature. I think you'll like it.

Yep, it is, the RMH development will encompass 34 acres, add to that the 11 at Thermal, keep an eye on Rutledge Hill, keep an eye on the C.B. Ragland family's property across from Thermal, and keep a keen eye open for the Tony G./Novare acquistion across from the symphony site. Much of what's about to happen hasn't even been announced yet. Hold on to your hats.

Archived