Cook Out Open in Charlotte

f0xym0p

Cook Out is a fast food restaurant chain that is already in the eastern part of the state and I discovered this weekend that one is open in Charlotte on Sugar Creek at I-85. They have hamburgers, grilled chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, and the like, plus 25+ flavors of milkshakes. They have two drive-thru windows to get cars through faster plus a walk up window. Typically they are open very late--this one is open until 4am during the week and 5am on the weekend.

I found that there are building permits out for two more, one on Sharon Amity near Harris and one on Albemarle between Central and Harris.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have several in winston, and one time I barfed up one of their shakes because I looked in it and it was basically all hershy's syrup! :sick:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I have never been to one and was excited to hear about it in the first couple posts, but that just ruined it for me..... :angry:

Well, I have never been to one and was excited to hear about it in the first couple posts, but that just ruined it for me..... :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No go ahead, their bugers are great but I think that shake of mine was a 1 time experience. I wasn't trying to put a damper on your party but just sharing one of my least memorable experiences, that's all. :)

Cook Outs r all over the Triangle now. What ever happened to Back Yard Burgers, are any of them still around?

There is one at Sardis & Monroe Rd. in Charlotte and a new one in Concord off of Poplar Tent I believe?

So are these similar to Steak & Shake, just more on the fast food end instead of sit down?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, well usually there is no dining room at all--I have only seen one that had a dining room. I guess they have a similar menu to Steak and Shake, but I think Cook Out is a lot better. I don't think Cook Out has any other desserts besides the milk shakes, but like I said, they have SO many flavors.

From what I hear, the burgers are dry and it is really expensive...they nickel and dime you if you want to add cheese, slaw, chili,etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I never kind of liked the idea of a "sitdown burger joint." Of course the people that told me lived out in Lewisville and they basically think anything that pops up new out there is "da bomb." I don't know why but they just do. If anyone here lives in Lewisville, please don't be offended because those people that told me were hicks anyway.

Yeah I never kind of liked the idea of a "sitdown burger joint." Of course the people that told me lived out in Lewisville and they basically think anything that pops up new out there is "da bomb." I don't know why but they just do. If anyone here lives in Lewisville, please don't be offended because those people that told me were hicks anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its a small town thing I guess...when a new Lowes Foods opened in Harrisburg..you would have thought Neiman Marcus had opened....

i do hope these COOK-OUT joints are good - cause they are putting them up everywhere it seems. just noticed one going up on freedom dr. it only took them about 3 days (not really) to do it. i'll try anything @ least once.

i do hope these COOK-OUT joints are good - cause they are putting them up everywhere it seems.  just noticed one going up on freedom dr.  it only took them about 3 days (not really) to do it.  i'll try anything @ least once.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where on Freedom and is it open yet?

Where on Freedom and is it open yet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it isn't open yet...but from the looks of it - it won't be long. they were putting up the sign for it today. if you are going away from morehead towards 85...it's on your right after the intersection of freedom and camp greene (across the parking lot from aldi).

Archived