The BEST Pizza in the Upstate

NYTransplant

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not the 1870s any more... Upstate will be fine ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ouch! Do I look that old? Oh, I forgot, this is cyberspace.

I second the nomination of Pizza City.

Haven't been there in a while, but 10 years ago, Boston Pizza in the shopping center next to Merovan on Woodruff Road was very good. I recently saw that it was still there, so it must have a following.

Haven't been there in a while, but 10 years ago, Boston Pizza in the shopping center next to Merovan on Woodruff Road was very good. I recently saw that it was still there, so it must have a following.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had heard good things about Boston Pizza, so we went there one day (right after a crowd of little leaguers had departed, so the place was a mess). It was pretty good, but not stellar. Maybe we caught it on an off day. I'd had expected it to be something comparable to Bertollo's downtown.

Bertolo's is okay, but I go to Barley's first. I've not tried Gandolfo's yet. I think Brixx will be another great addition to our list in the near future. :)

Haven't tried Boston Pizzaria, but Pizza City is definitely WELL worth the visit. Don't let the atmosphere keep you out - it is a bit juvenile, but well-run. NY-style is great, IMO! :thumbsup:

Ouch!  Do I look that old? Oh, I forgot, this is cyberspace.

I second the nomination of Pizza City.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, I wasn't implying that :)

I am a stickler for the "Upstate" moniker as opposed to the 'Upcountry.' It sounds more modern, and has a better, more 'urban' ring to it.

Archived