Fung Wah bus company's troubles

TheBostonian

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my:

Riders flee bus fire on Boston-to-New York run

August 17, 2005

BOSTON --A bus that is part of a low-fare fleet running between New York and Boston caught fire in Connecticut, forcing riders to flee just moments before the bus was completely engulfed in flames.

The Fung Wah bus was headed to New York on Interstate 91 around 2 p.m. on Tuesday when the driver noticed smoke coming from a rear wheel near Meriden, Conn. When the driver pulled over to inspect the problem, confused passengers scrambled off. Seconds later, the bus was consumed by flames that rose 50 feet in the air, passengers said.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachus...sachusetts+news

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Look. Who is the government to say that private businesses can't let their customers burn to death? I mean, sure, nobody LIKES catching on fire, but isn't it a right we should protect?

:rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Good Fung Wah story-

A few weeks ago, 2 of my friends jumped on one going to NYC for the day-

Just before Hartford, The bus driver gets pulled over for speeding.

He speaks about 2 words of English so the CT STATIE is having a tough time communicating.

Turns up, they arrest the driver on the spot for driving with a 9 month suspended license.

Everyone from the bus has to wait on the side of the highway for 2 hours until another empty fungh wah comes along to pick them up.

Archived